Removing Warning Stickers

Fredyp33

Registered
I'm tired of looking at those ugly warning stickers on the gas tank, and on the right side plastic that covers the air induction. One of the two on the air induction plastic came off completely and easily, but the other two are going to be a problem. Any suggestions?
sadnews.gif

I just took 'em off my '08. I heated with a hair dryer--not super hot--just warm to the touch. Then carefully pealed up one corner with my thumb nail. Once started, I aimed the hair dryer on the underside of the sticker and it came right up. There's some kind of clear covering over the sticker. It will come off better if you peal both the clear coating thingy along with the sticker. Once you get the hang of it--they come off very easy.

A little heat (hair dryer) & a finger nail worked for me. Then some WD-40 to clean up the glue that is left behind.

mine were terrible to remove, they self destructed as I tried to peel them (warmed and all)

A little heat (hair dryer) & a finger nail worked for me. Then some WD-40 to clean up the glue that is left behind.
WD-40 will remove all the residue, and everybody has some of that handy.
I made the mistake of trying to remove the 1 on the left side of the frame that has the VIN number on it.
It's different than the rest of them. My dumbass didn't realize that the VIN was on there untill I had already messed it up.
Anybody know how to remove that 1?
It's pretty darn tough!

WD-40 will remove all the residue, and everybody has some of that handy.
I made the mistake of trying to remove the 1 on the left side of the frame that has the VIN number on it.
It's different than the rest of them. My dumbass didn't realize that the VIN was on there untill I had already messed it up.
Anybody know how to remove that 1?
It's pretty darn tough!
I used w-D40 with a razor blade. Use the razor blade to lift a small portion of the edge of the sticker at the top portion. Then spray WD_40 beneath the lip you just lifted. The oil will work its way down underneath the sticker. You should also keep working the blade underneath the sticker as the WD-40 is working its way beneath the rest of the sticker. Continue spraying,pulling the sticker easliy but firmly and moving the blade until the sticker is off the frame.

I just did this last night to the newer 2003 I bought. Wifes hair dryer / plastic putty knife ... off in about 2 minutes. The one on the gas tank took longer. To get the left over sticky off I used WD40. On the plastics I then soaked em with Armor All and tire dressing. The tank I polished to a great shine.

I bet these woulda come off easier if they hadnt been on there for 5 years.
thumb_up.gif

Nov2007_015b2.jpg

Oh and absolutely no damage to the surface. I wouldnt use a razor blade to risky to the finish with my shaky hands.

I heated mine but the one on the tank was still an hour long PITA. The rest of them peeled right off, no problems. I didn't mess with the VIN# sticker, local police like to see it on there so I'll leave it. Goo Gone and rubbing alcohol worked for the clean-up.

If the clear coat comes off and your left with the sticker that breakes into a million pieces, I used duct tape. Placed the duct tape over it, re-heated and they came off...The WD-40 of goo-off.

I used Sticker Shock bumper sticker remover. The gas tank sticker took about 45 minutes...since mine is an 03 it had plenty of time to bond. The stickers on the fairing came off much easier although one of them was a pita as well.

Back