Introducing...Violet

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
I picked up my Busa on 30 April 2004. After joining the .oRg, I was asked if I had a name for her. I never thought of giving her a name, but since it was suggested, I tried to think of one...but nothing ever sounded right. As many of you have said before, 'she' will let you know her name...just be patient.

Many of you may know that I'm not riding now; still healing up from tearing my MCL, ACL , and fracturing my tibia.
sad.gif
When the guys were over at my house over Memorial Day, I asked them to help me move my Busa to the corner of the garage to get it out of the way; after all, I didn't expect to be riding any time soon.

Since that time, my wife and kids have done a good job at taking advantage of my lack of riding and have been 'piling' all kinds of junk: soccer balls, basketballs, scooters, bikes, etc. over on my 1/2 of the garage.
crazy.gif

The other day, I was walking - actually hobbling - thru the garage and looked over to where my Busa was...hidden behind all the 'junk'. I just kind of stared in that direction, catching a glimpse of her. I thought to myself, "She reminds me of Violet from 'The Incredibles'. I know she's in here, but she's hiding from me." It was then I knew she just told me her name, Violet!
smile.gif

I know it's strange for a blue Busa to have the name Violet; but it fits her. Right now she's hiding from me, but will soon reappear. For the first couple of years, she was content to be herself. (Stock, really no mods). Then, she started to become unique; new wheels (Thanks, Shawn!), Woodcraft cover, Pazzo levers (Thanks, Bob!), new exhaust, etc. Now that she's 'coming out of her shell', she's getting noticed. For those who have seen 'The Incredibles', you know what I'm talking about.
tounge.gif

(I actually thought - afterwards - about naming her Sapphire, but it just didn't fit. LOL)

So, sorry for the rambling, just wanted to introduce y'all to Violet!

04.jpg

Omar needs an intervention.... I think all this sitting around with the servers is starting to cause a disk error....

whistling.gif
I think we should get him some movie tickets...

Wall"e" is first...

Welcome, Violet! Once he's able you need to take care of Omar!

Wait, giving your bike an Incredible's name was not pre-approved. That said, it is now approved.

J/K I, of course, love the name.

Violet by any other name would...well, it just wouldn't be right, so welcome to the board
beerchug.gif

I called my Orange/Black: LUV

My wife used to get jealous... But I couldn't hide my true feelings. It was a public affair!

Violet's a beautiful name and that bike's a beauty! love the tank cover!
Was it a bike accident that you're recovering from? sorry you might have posted the reason but missed your post.

Ummm...errr....uhhh.....Omar
rock.gif
?......

It's the wrong color to be a "Violet"............

Then again it's the "WRONG" color anyway.... oh yeah..."THAT WORKED"
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
Red and black baby !!!!

super.gif

super.gif

Violet... Hmmm. I like it. Heel up brother.

I know Violet misses you
sad.gif

Love the name though...glad it finally came to you
beerchug.gif

Back