T-Rex Racing No Cut Frame Sliders

Highlander

Donating Member
Registered
I'd like to see pictures of them installed on the bike. The price is great, only $100.00.

nullhttp://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=57&catid=37&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D37null

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog....3D37nul

busa_ill.jpg

Similar to mine. But mine are by Bike Design. The Bike Design units appear to be a bit better quality, the the T-Rex are a much lower cost.

3.jpg

I'm wanting a "Slider" that will somewhat cushion the impact of a tip over or an eased "lay down" in the driveway or parking lot.

Do you guys suppose that the T-Rex sliders would accomplish that?

I don't really believe any slider will help if your moving, otherwise race bikes would use them.

I know all too well that frames have been written off due to slow speed accidents involving sliders.

I'm a click away from buying a set on E-Bay.
cool.gif

Get the Bike Design sliders instead of T-Rex sliders much better quality of steel.Charles at streetntrack can hook ya up
thumb_up.gif

I bought the T-Rex sliders, went to install them on my '07, no way would they fit. The bracket to the frame, which had the offset on it, wouldn't mount up properly. Even if that part would have fit, The long rod that connects the two, would have gone through the lower part of the fan.
Tom at T-Rex said I may have been sent the wrong brackets, but I sent them back, and requested a full refund.
To their credit, T-Rex promptly issued me a full refund, including shipping.

I'm wanting a "Slider" that will somewhat cushion the impact of a tip over or an eased "lay down" in the driveway or parking lot.

Do you guys suppose that the T-Rex sliders would accomplish that?

I don't really believe any slider will help if your moving, otherwise race bikes would use them.

I know all too well that frames have been written off due to slow speed accidents involving sliders.

I'm a click away from buying a set on E-Bay.  
cool.gif
Update:

I picked up a set of T-Rex no cut sliders back in late Nov.
I hadn't had a chance to install them until last weekend.

I thought I'd share my experience with the install and fitment.

I found the instructions and parts list to be easy to read and accurate.
The "Step by Step" installation instructions , catalogue every aspect of the installation process including a reminder to use a medium thread lock liquid.
While I consider myself to be reasonably mechanically inclined, I thought it important to follow the manufacturures recomended procedure.
Let me say that they were very accurate and written in simple terms.
The steps were described in a precise manner that made installation simple.
The approximate time for me to install them was just under an hour, including removal and installation of the fairrings.
The only concern I have is the proximatey between to hardened steel cross brace and the radiator.
The cross brace has a notch down a portion of it's length, thats been covered in shrink tubing to protect the rad in case of contact.
There is a measurable space between these pieces of nearly 1/4", but I'll be keeping my eye on it.

While I don't believe any slider will do much to protect the body in a low speed crash, they will certainly be beneficial in the instance of a "Tip over" or similar.

So far I believe that they are certainly worth the $129.00 paid for them.
...and they look great.
Mine came with the slider stems in matte black.

busa.jpg

Thanks for the update.
I am considering those sliders.
(Easily understood post by the way...
thumb_up.gif
)

cheers
ken

t-rex sliders are now $69 ... I also found that d2moto sells what they claim are "their version" of the t-rex sliders, they cost $15.

If they use lower quality materials in the bracket/welds, or in the sliders, then they won't help much if the bike falls over.

On the other hand, if they work, then that's a nice savings.... I can't decide.

I heard that having the cross bar type sliders will put extra stress on your frame if in a tipover. could this happen, crack the frame or something if fell over?

I heard that having the cross bar type sliders will put extra stress on your frame if in a tipover. could this happen, crack the frame or something if fell over?

a few guys have (unfortunately) gone down in slow speed incidents...their frames were OK.
P.S. Still digging up old posts? :poke:

Heres the best pics i have. They went on easy no problems.

Without wishing to be offensive, that is the fugliest Busa I have ever seen. Why on earth would you choose "diarrhea" as the colour for your bike? - Some scratches would be an improvement.

Without wishing to be offensive, that is the fugliest Busa I have ever seen. Why on earth would you choose "diarrhea" as the colour for your bike? - Some scratches would be an improvement.

Maybe he likes it?

IMO it would look a lot better with the color broken up a bit more. If the dash panels were still black, and the screens weren't painted.

Looks like a traffic cone.

Back