One-way plane ticket riding my new bike home 12hrs!!

KvHotDog4

Registered
I finally pulled the trigger (not fully intentional) on a gen 2 bike. Board member Ampzx was needing to sell his bike. I didn't need the bike but I wasn't going to let someone else steal off eBay, I put my max possible bid in to help him get the price up and 5 days later I just booked my plane ticket to go pick it up. I was outbid as of Friday but Sunday night I received an email saying there had been a bid retraction and I was now the current high bidder with 5 hours left. The bike looks extremely clean and he said it just had its 4000 mile service (yes less than 5k on the odometer), not sure but I bet the 800 mile trip home will probably be the longest non-stop trip its been on. I should land around 3:00 Wednesday afternoon and hopefully on the road around 4 or 5, if I get tired I'll stop but I atleast want to get to Knoxville, TN. Oh, the trip is Philadephia, PA to Nashville, TN. Upon conversation with Ampzx we have already come to the conclusion that I am a country hick, who has never been on a plane or ridden in a taxi and I hear people up north are kinda rude. I am not going to lie I am nervous and excited. I'll keep this thread updated but for now here are copies of some of his pics of the bike

DSC_0480.jpg
DSC_0483.jpg
DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

Sweet action.:thumbsup: I'll bet yer nervous and excited.

Safe trip Bro.:beerchug: Just hit up one of the brothers if you run into any probs along the way.

You got plenty of fiddle music loaded into your cassette walkman....:rofl:

RSD.

Thats a walk in the park Kozanski, congrats on the purchase and the ride home will be great.

looks mint. ppl in cars up here can be very rude so be careful. its a fast life here in this congested area so many ppl have that dog eat dog mentality. dont assume chit when ur changn lanes or gettn on the entrance ramps.

Thanks eveybody, oh and rubb I am a little updated on the device (8 second no skip CD player, lol) , but it is loaded to the gills with the fiddle haha.

Congrats! Have a safe trip. I'm in Greensboro, NC, probably less than an hour off your projected path if you want to overnight somewhere where the bike can be garaged and checked over, then take a more leisurely and fun trip through the mountains to TN. Don't hesitate to PM if needed.

Excellent!!!!! I am glad you bought it. I was interested as well but went a different route obviously!

Congratulations, let us know if there is anything we can do to put some additional performance on this beast.

guy

The touring winscreen and the Alien Head are a funny combination for me. :rofl:

Make sure you bring ear plugs!

Great buy, sounds like a blast!!

Congrats!! Just take your time coming back, enjoy the ride. Sounds like a grand adventure!!!

we have already come to the conclusion that I am a country hick, who has never been on a plane or ridden in a taxi and I hear people up north are kinda rude.

Now there's a story! Road trip!! Congrats, and it's already got the ST screen on it too.

Back