Stone Mountain ride

u n v kenny

Registered
In October, from the 15th-17th, my Sergeant got together a ride from Jacksonville, to the Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta, leaving at 5am.

This will be my first "long" ride. I say it with quotations due to the fact that after reading this board, many of you would think that's a quick and simple 8-9 hour ride. I've been to Tampa and back on my old R1 a dozen or so times, so I'm used to the 2-3 hour ride depending on stopping, traffic, etc.

Now the kicker is, I am the only one with a street bike, and I'll be the youngest by about 15-20 years.

I don't have very many questions, as we will be stopping roughly every hour. Maybe someone can give me a good website and/or a good company with a good tank bag. I don't need saddle bags or a backpack because I'll be using my Father's trunk on his Harley Ultra Glide Classic.

I'll update this with any more info as soon as I get it. We will be doing all back roads and no interstate. Granted, Florida and Georgia doesn't have the most spectacular views; but for what I'm working with I will take as many pictures as possible.

Thanks for reading, have a safe and happy riding!:thumbsup:

Back