stumble in second

gurrera

Registered
What would cause my 99 to stumble only in second gear,in low R P M'S, and not every time????
I topped off the tank and it seemed to stop until about 1/2 tank again.???
Thanks for your time Sam:please:

Had the same problem with my '99 last summer, drove me crazy for 2 months. There was a kink in the fuel line. I think the full tank helped "push" the fuel through, and then when it got low, it didn't have the weight behind it any more. When it got hot, it got even worse, I think because the hoses got soft and collapsed even more.

I did a temporary fix of just cutting out the kink...there was enough slack. But I ordered new fuel lines fron Suzuki last week and they should be in any time.

Good luck, let us know if this was it.

fuel line 005.jpg

Ditto what Denon said...same prob with my 99...new fuel lines and fuel filter fixed it right up.

I miss my Copper 99!!!

smithabusa, only in second gear and from 2 to 6 on the tack.

denon970, I will check the fuel line, and filter, but I wood think it wood do it all the time.

I think I may have found my problem.

I removed the #1 **** assy. fuel from the tank and found it to be clogged more so at the bottom 1/2 marked in red.

That might cause it to only stumble when the tank was 1/2 full.
I cleaned it and will try it out.

Still I don't know why it would only do it in second gear (some times)
I am still going to put a new fuel filter in when they call me to let me know when it comes in.

Does any one know where I can by only the screen and not the hole valve assy.?

Thanks Sam
99 parts[50%].jpg

99 parts[50%].jpg

Last edited:
if it feels very abrupt like chain is skipping feeling in second gear its the trans, very common problem, no idea what it feels like so sorry if wasting your time talking about transmissions, but when you hear of 2nd gear only issue, 99% of the time its the trans.

No, it is a fuel problem because the min it I let go of the throttle and then give it more gas it goes a way.

Glad I could help! I was actually planning in getting in contact with you... I'm pulling the fuel pump or pickup assy out of the tank this weekend and just wanted toask how easy it was. I may need to replace the filters. Btw-my fuel lines came in, I think they were $16 directly from Suzuki. I guess the gave a lifespan of about 10 or 11 years!

I replaced my filter that is in the fuel pump ($49.00)& O-ring.

You have to remove the injectors, because the fuel line that connect the pump and injectors have clamps that are crimped.

The screen in the tank seams to come with the **** assy. and you can't buy it separately.

If you find that you can please let me know.

I just cleaned it with brake cleaner.

I haven't replaced the fuel line yet, I just cut the bad end off.

I am going to buy one from Pet-Boys.

Sam

Back