Michelin PP2ct question?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I have a question for all you michelin addicts? Why would you buy a PP2ct from Michelin over the Bridgestone BT016? You'll pay an additional $50 or more a set for 2ct's over the 16's and IMO the 16 is a better performing tire!

pilotpowerct2schema.jpg

Why would you buy this from Michelin?

StoneRearTriple.gif

When you can buy this rear and,

StoneFrontDual.gif

This front, from bridgestone!

Any questions? :whistle:

Not sure about your data, but I can tell a huge difference in traction in the real world!

I love m 2CT's :cheerleader:

I wouldn't. For full on sport tires I'd get (and have got a pair of) the 016s.
I like Michelins but I've always had a beef with the 2C2s because of the very small amount of "soft" compound used. Unless your on the very (VERY) edge of the tire, they're just an over priced Pilot Power. If they made them in the same % of hard/soft compound as the Pilot Road 2s, then it might be a different story.

I have a question for all you michelin addicts? Why would you buy a PP2ct from Michelin over the Bridgestone BT016? You'll pay an additional $50 or more a set for 2ct's over the 16's and IMO the 16 is a better performing tire!

pilotpowerct2schema.jpg

Why would you buy this from Michelin?

StoneRearTriple.gif

When you can buy this rear and,

StoneFrontDual.gif

This front, from bridgestone!

Any questions? :whistle:

Didn't Bridgestone used to be Firestone, the same company that was implicated in all the Ford Explorer roll overs?

Didn't Bridgestone used to be Firestone, the same company that was implicated in all the Ford Explorer roll overs?

I'm not sure what your point is? Bridgestone is the largest tire manufacturer in the world and as far as I know, they have never made a bad motorcycle tire.

I'm not sure what your point is? Bridgestone is the largest tire manufacturer in the world and as far as I know, they have never made a bad motorcycle tire.

Michelin owns BFG, Uniroyal, Kleber (had a recall on the French made PP2CT tire)

Bridgestone owns Firestone, Dayton

Goodyear owns Dunlop (you think Goodyear racing filters into Dunlops?)

I have a Michelin plant about 10 minutes from my front door.. has worn both the BFG and Michelin name plate..

Last edited:
Look it's jmo but I was a pilot fan, I've run four set's of the 2ct's....anyway I got a set from my go to guy for rubber & He say's you gotta try these BT016.
I say why..to make a long one short I don't ask why anymore these thing's are on point. For what you get you can't beat the price! FYI the guy I get my tire's from doesn't even carry pp anymore he said they will order them if you just gotta have em. As far as what I think compare the two in the real world on real streets BT beat's PP

PP is still a good tire, My opinion was based on cost and preformance...I have yet to see wear.

Michelin owns BFG, Uniroyal, Kleber (had a recall on the French made PP2CT tire)

Bridgestone owns Firestone, Dayton

Goodyear owns Dunlop (you think Goodyear racing filters into Dunlops?)

I have a Michelin plant about 10 minutes from my front door.. has worn both the BFG and Michelin name plate..

Can't really say. I just don't like Firestone, because they put hundreds of thousands of bad tires out there and refused for months to recall them. Maybe they make make a great bike tire.

If I don't like the 2CTs, I'll pitch them and get something else.

Wow this is a first.
Tuf and Michelin in the lead line of this thread! :laugh:

I just put on a set of the 016 after 2 sets of PP's.
I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but from all I hear they should be great.

I have to admit Tuf had no small part in this decision, so if you haven't tried them, give them a go and report back.

(BTW the set of 016 were about $100 cheaper than the PP 2CT's.)

When exiting second gear corners on the street, at 7000 rpm, with my knee kissing the tarmac, I try to to maximize drive out by controlling wheel rear spin. The PP2c offers more feel during wheel spin as I transition from the softer compound to the harder compound thus allowing me to finish the corner quicker by rear wheel steering. This allows me to stand the bike up quicker get it on the meat of the contact patch thus I go full throttle several yards before my fellow riders giving me a better drive and longer time at full throttle down the straight.

All this because I know when we stop for lunch at the greasy spoon there will be a big cheque and a trophy girl waiting for me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::whistle:

cheers
ken

Don't tell the owners of Jaguar, Aston Martin (sale pending), Vovo, Land Rover, that they are driving Fords.
Just because one company owns another does not diminish the products of the one who is owned. JMO

The point of this thread was simply to educate our peeps that you get around three times as much of the gumball sticky tread with the 16 over the pp2ct and point out the cash you'll save with the Bridgestones as well.

You can purchase three sets of 16's vs two sets of PP2ct's for the same money!

The Road 2 tire is not a performance tire. It's a touring tire with a very good design apparently. If the 2ct had that same design, it may have improved performance considerably?

I like the Road C'2......... no matter what tire I run the busa chews up everything

Run what you like

I have the 2ct on my rear. I have just over 4k miles, most on nice straight boring roads, and it has not even began to wear yet. Ive used the entire tire (thank God for onramps here in FL) and not had any problems with slippingor traction at all. My last regualr PP needed to be replaced after 4k miles, so im happy!

Was riding with a guy who went down on warm Bridg. BattleCRAPS. There was no sand, gravel, nothing in the road. Just crap tire. Changed as soon as I got back. Just my 2 cents.

Can't really say. I just don't like Firestone, because they put hundreds of thousands of bad tires out there and refused for months to recall them. Maybe they make make a great bike tire.

If I don't like the 2CTs, I'll pitch them and get something else.

You really should KNOW the facts before you make your opinion. When that was going down, it was more than just the tire being the problem. I worked in the tire industry during that whole ordeal. The govt basicly forced Firestone to take responsibility. The majority of the blowouts were due to under-inflated tires(causes heat to build faster, decreasing the strength of the sidewall) combined with top-heavy SUV's:whistle:

Back