keep the yoshi slip ons or go the shorty route?

busa-saga

Registered
am contemplating going shorty but not sure if i'll be adding benefits or taking benefits away from the overall performance. someone told me there's a few wisemen here that can advice...

IMO........the slipons do nothing for performance......nor do the shortys.......but the shortys look HOT!

Not real sure I've heard you lose a little Hp with shorties NOT REAL SURE THOUGH... it also depends on what you like, some like the shortie look some dont. If you are goin with the shorties i would lower the bike, i personally dont think it looks right with them on and not lowered, it looks like somethings missing. Just my opinion...

IMO I don't like the shorty look, or sound, but it's a lot cheaper to try out. Get some baffled car tips that are the right size and you're good to go. If you don't like them you're not out much and you can get the slip ons instead.

Consider that some slipons cost nearly as much as a full system, and don't offer as much of a weight savings as a full system does. It all comes down to personal preference. Some like the dual look better than the single. Some try to extract every bit of power out. It's up to you.

just some info i just switched from a yoshi R22 bling bolt on to a full 4-2-1 sysem and it's a big diffrence in weight, power, and torque. he is right the bolt on's brand new were almost $700.00 I got my full system off e-bay for $300.00 with a little work it looks brand new and makes a big diffrnece in performance. your a week late i sold the bolt on's for $295.00 shipped...

depends on what your goal is, performance, looks, both? Also depends what you want to spend. I've ran mine stock, with yoshi slip ons and now with 4 -1 muzzy. Yoshi slip ons looked the best but didn't add much to sound or performance. Muzzy dropped some weight and you can feel the difference in the seat when it comes to performance. Muzzy also added quite a bit of noise, not overly loud but far from quiet.

I liked the performance of the shorties a lot better... and the "growl" is out of this world... I've got two (they were only used about 3 months) I would trade you or you can just PM me an offer if you are interested in them (they are just sitting in a box)... these are made by "tailwindz" and they run $450 (new - when I bought them). Let me know if you're interested in them. (I'm running Two-bros SS now)

I'll also throw in the "Kanji" exhaust hanger plugs (pair)...

Here's a pic of them:

All the mods done for now.jpg

New pipes shine!!.jpg

Wheel stripe, chain guard, hanger plug.jpg

Last edited:
sorry bro... but I just remembered the sound clip on "youtube"... this is them when I first put them on...

- 2008 Hayabusa stubby tailwindz exhaust[/url]

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
here are my tailwindz. i don't race my bike so i don't need every little horse. :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

it sounds the same with them on or with just the cats just get the chrome tips and put them on...

Not real sure I've heard you lose a little Hp with shorties NOT REAL SURE THOUGH... it also depends on what you like, some like the shortie look some dont. If you are goin with the shorties i would lower the bike, i personally dont think it looks right with them on and not lowered, it looks like somethings missing. Just my opinion...

bike is lowered-thats what has kinda sparked the idea of going shorty :whistle:

here are my tailwindz. i don't race my bike so i don't need every little horse. :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

it sounds the same with them on or with just the cats just get the chrome tips and put them on...

man i wouldn't reccomend running just tips!!! you lose so much power doing that not just a little but allot, take off your entire exhaust and run just headres and take it for a spin and you'll see what im talking about. I personally dont think it sound that great either!! just my opinion!

thats not true i was completely stock when i put my stubbies and i had way more pep and thought it ran way better than stock cans

There is a way to at least solve this somewhat. I'm also in the market to change my stock pipes on my 2005. I am now between Brock Alien head, 2Bros slip on shorties, or these Tailwinds (love the sound). I don't really want to change out my full exhaust to brock if i can get a little HP out of the other 2 choices. I prefer the dual pipe look.
THE WAY TO SOLVE IT: Guys, DATA DOES NOT LIE! If someone out there can produce before and after numbers for each, this would be the conclusive comparison. Anyone have such numbers on alien head, 2bros slip-ons and the Tailwindz stubby?

Back