SW Motech sidebag brackets and homemade trunk mount

jkind

Registered
Here is my SW Motech sidebag setup with my version of the 'Hump Mod'
101_6775.jpg

101_6774.jpg

101_6776.jpg

It takes 30 seconds to remove the racks and leaves 4 small mounting points.
101_6778.jpg

101_6779.jpg

As for the trunk I just used the humps base plate and mounted it to the base plate for the trunk.
100_0385.jpg

100_0391.jpg

100_0386.jpg

Jim

Killer! :thumbsup:

However, I would encourage you to find longer bolts than the two you are using here, because the ones you have are too short for this tasking.

100_0385.jpg

Still and all.... nice work here! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Pretty much the same set-up I'd like, only I'd have the trunk mounted behind the rear seat using the "The Quick-Lock EVO" luggage rack as to be able to accommodate a rear passenger. Looking to take my boy with me next trip.

Those side bags are nice! They would be my second choice if the Monokey® Side wont fit the Busa.

Many thanks for sharing!!

Givi Rack.jpg

Warchild

You are correct on bolt size...but it was what I had on hand and they will be replaced.

Sannosuke

Those are Monokey E41 bags I have on my bike.

Jim

Sannosuke

Those are Monokey E41 bags I have on my bike.

My bad. The new Monokey bags are going by the code V35.

Monokey V35.jpg

To me the new Monokey bags seem to have a more even 'flow' with the Hayabusa lines but even so, if the V35's didn't fit I'd still like the E41's.

The V35's and the E41's do not use the same mounting hardware.

If you buy the hardware for the V35's then that is all that will fit but if you buy the hardware for the Monokey bags then you can choose from several different styles of bags in the Monokey line.

Jim

The V35's and the E41's do not use the same mounting hardware.

If you buy the hardware for the V35's then that is all that will fit but if you buy the hardware for the Monokey bags then you can choose from several different styles of bags in the Monokey line.

Jim

I'm starting to see that the V35 bags have a different shape on the backside opposed to the E41's...

More homework to be done!

V35.jpg

So you just "skin" the rear seat then cut in the right holes for the monorack thingy? is that really it? COOL

Are you worried the seats gonna rip off at high speed?

Any chance you can photo the top of the seat without the givi bracket? :beerchug:

Jza

Mine will be here Sept 10th... Can't wait to get them installed. I went with the CooCase 28l and two Givi 21L side cases. Seeing your ride only makes me want them more!

So you just "skin" the rear seat then cut in the right holes for the monorack thingy? is that really it? COOL

Are you worried the seats gonna rip off at high speed?

Any chance you can photo the top of the seat without the givi bracket? :beerchug:

Jza

I used the base from the Hump and drilled 2 holes in it...my rear seat is still in one piece.

It would only take 5 minutes to remove the GIVI base and bolt the Hump back on.

Jim

Back