Blanca's new shoes....

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well I have to say after many a sleepless night of trying to envision things before they went together..all good things come to those who wait !

Had new Marchesini Black forged mag wheels installed
Along with a new set of HPXs.
The Brock's AH went on.
The H-E-L brake lines and clutch line went on.
All running gear was PCd to match the frame and wheels.
I had the Supersprox sprocket taped off and PCd as well so all the gold was gone front and back.
We dynoed her before and after.

Here is how the performance aspects go.

The new wheels make the bike feel tremendously lighter and mpre nimble.
The trade off is shift hard from 4th to 5th and the front end is dancing whereas it was not not before. Susp needs a little more tweaking.
I'll be happy to listen to any suggestions as to how to keep her planted going thru the gears now as it is not to comfortable having your bike trying to lift at speed, unless that is what you like.

Weight diffs.

oem rear no sprocket or rotor with cush drive 16lbs
New Marc rear same condition 12.5lbs

oem front no rotors 11.2lbs
New Marc same condition 8.2lbs

The Brock's ? Sounds sick ! It is the kind of exhaust you can't help from 'flickin' at a red light just to hear it. Takes me back to the KZ1000 days of open 4into1 Kerkers.

The HPXs make the bike feel more connected to the road. You can 'feel' it more. As I live in Flatsville SoFLa I really had no need for lean angle capability or things like that. The tires supposedly are built for straight line speed and from the comment above on wheels I can say I felt much more in touch with the road at speed than the Bridgies.

The new lines ? I have not had enough time to really feel the diif but I can tell the brakes are crisper.

Did any of this make a power diff ? Yes when I arrived she dynoed within 2hp of same as last time approx. 45 days ago at 180hp whereas before last time she was at 182hp. After wheels and exhaust and a little tweaking to the map she left at 188 and change. Not bad, not really why I did it but nice to know I picked up instead of the other way.

ALL I CAN SAY IS IF ANYONE IS WITHIN 500 MILES OF BLAIS CYCLE IN MIAMI THEY ARE WORTH THE TRIP !

They have a window right in the shop so you can sit and watch Dr. Ron perform his magic. Better than American chopper because it's your bike your watching thru the 'big screen' (window). Their attn to detail is second to none. Thank you Kevin Blais, Ron Cole and Richard as well as all in the shop who helped. Truly bikers who care.

Thank you to the gents here on the org who helped with the tech questions.
Danny at Cloud Nine I still feel like I owe you something $ for all your help.

Blanca's is happier than ever ! Like a trusted mare just back from the groomer.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 003.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 005.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 007.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 014.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 011.jpg

Last edited:
Beautifully done! :beerchug: Nicely thought out mods that make sense, as well look sweet, and make the bike stand out from the pack. The powder coating really wraps it together nicely.

Great job :thumbsup:

I know you had been pondering for quite some time on your vision of this bike. Especially the wheels :whistle: :laugh:.......safe to say you made a great choice and it came out very nicely Blanca.

Sorry to gloat but damn is that my bike ? :laugh:
Damn she's sexy ! Can't believe she is 20 ft away from me !
It's like looking at Pamela Anderson on the computer and then realizing she is sleeping in your bed ! Thanks again for all the help EVERYONE.
Ya'll were right there with me, without you I could not have answered half of the tech questions I had. :bowdown::bowdown:

TLF

So that supersprox sprocket can be disassembled? Does that mean you can replace the outer ring if it wears out? Pretty cool if so.:whistle:

No the Supersprox could not be dissassembled thay is why I had to have it PCd and could not have the center re-anodized in black. I have inquired to Supersprox as to no matter the cost if they can or will custom make me a sprocket with blk anodized center. I am waiting to hear from them regarding. My friend spent over an hr just taping it off. We taped of the outer ring of teeth as well as the contact area for wheel in back. I was concerned about the addtl thickness of the PC possibly throwing off the chain so he taped off the back center. I wanted to make sure it laid flat on the wheel. This is the part that contacts wheel on inside and you cannot see any gold on it at all. The marks around the rivets were there when it came out of the box. The backside of it did not come out perfect but you cannot see it anyway so it didn't matter. I also oxidized the washers that came with the lines by using Liver of Suplhur solution. A little hot water and some of this and it instantly turned the washers black. Yes it is a small detail but somehow I did not think copper colored washers in between black banjos and bolts would like nice. So now bolts, banjos and washers are all black.
I do still want to black out some of the bolts , like the rotor bolts and a few others. But for now I am done. It is 71 tonight and I and Blanca are going out for a blast ! :welcome:

Busa pics 014.jpg

Busa pics 015.jpg

Last edited:
Did any of this make a power diff ? Yes when I arrived she dynoed within 2hp of same as last time approx. 45 days ago at 180hp whereas before last time she was at 182hp. After wheels and exhaust and a little tweaking to the map she left at 188 and change. Not bad, not really why I did it but nice to know I picked up instead of the other way.

I want to clarify that before I put the Brock's and wheels on the bike I already had a Muzzy 4into1 with a pwr cmndr, xtre and dyno tune. When I did these original mods I picked up almost 18hp from 165 to 182 and change. With the Brocks installed as well as the new wheels I gained another 6hp. Suffice it to say if I had gone with the Brock's in the first durn place the added hp prolly would have been 25+ !
I did not mean to make it seem like I only gained 6hp over stock with the Brock's AH system. The bike was already tweaked and the Brock's added another 6hp on top of what the Muzzy gave me. So anyone thinking about exhaust should go the extra mile and get the Brock's, the sound is incredible, the fit and finish again are same and best of all you get personal responses from the owner himself when curious. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The horsepower gain from the Brock's is very interesting. The balcked out Alien Head is on my short list, but I wonder if it would be annoyingly loud on extended all day ridin.??? Your bike turned out beautifully. :thumbsup:

Nice.. (fwiw - supersprox now sells silver carriers too)

Surprised to hear B is unsettled at that high of speed (4 -> 5). I'm not a fan of extreme lowering - may be your culprit.

I have similar mods at stock height and mine is long settled by 150ish mph. Keep asking suspension questions; I'd may steer you wrong the first time.

Do you need to have the bike that lowered to test drive different scenarios? Keep us posted; nice bike!

As far as the unsettled at speed aspect. I need time to evaluate her. That was the first ride home after mods and like I mentioned before she may have been just a happy mare prancin' a bit. Some kid on a VTR had been trying to catch us in traffic and when he came to pass Blanca just took off. A true horse race. One of those times where only after you tell yourself how stupid you are ! Shifting HARD THRU 4TH TO 5TH straight line on 95 her front tire was just skipping a bit. The guys at Blais told me to stop by and they would take care of, no problem for them it seems. I'm sure it is something simple and rarely do I do stupid stuff like that so while it does matter it really doesn't. :whistle:

Back