Pics of 03-04 1k front fender vs. stock

sean06

Registered
I know these are crappy pics, but you get the idea. I took these at night. Ill try and get the bike cleaned up today and take some good ones. I always thought the stocker was way too big. And the newer 1k fenders were a bit too small:laugh: But the 03-04 is just right:thumbsup::lol: The 1k fenders will bolt right on from 01 and up, but the 01-02, 03-04, 05-06, and 07-present are different from each other. They go from bigger to smaller as the years went on. What do you guys think? Im not sure if I like the black fender, I might get is painted to match the stocker. What kind of sucks is the stock 08 busa black has a metalic flake/sparkle in it, but the black 1k fender is just gloss black. So in the sun they dont match. But I think most wont notice it.???

DSC02526.jpg

DSC02531.jpg

g7.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of the 07-08 1k fender at different angles. As you can see its so small it almost dissapears once lowered. It still looks better than the stock one too me, just a different look

Picture167.jpg

bikeparts073.jpg

Of course the fender also serves a purpose and keeps crap from flying off the front wheel into your front end.. hence why it's longer on the Busa. Notice on a 1k, the fender sticks out beyond the bike nose just like the Busa stock fender does? It's also part of the overall aerodynamics package :)

I think it looks great. I am going to pick one up asap. Not too small but perfect.

Thanks, when you order one make sure you also get the bolts for it too. I tried using the stock fender bolts, but they are just too big to where they dont completely fit into the holes

Great look! :thumbsup: The later model fenders sit back too far, like 'Jphilipson' so poignantly said (all great points, I might add).
DSC02541.jpg

It's bad ass ride though my personal pref I like the bigger for me... But it's a Busa looks great to me either way:thumbsup::thumbsup:

looks great. The wheel and rotor setup is sweet to. I wouldn't want to cover any of that up with a fender either.:thumbsup:

Back