tre on an 08 = junk

Johnnycheese

Registered
did I not say it is worthless???
here is real proof

Well, many things have changed since gen1. First of all in gen2 the ignition maps are now grouped into three different groups. In old gen1 busa we used to have gear specific maps now only 3 different ignition maps. The most interesting thing with gen2 is that only the 6th gear ignition map is different to other gears. In practise this means that all other gears than gear6 are "restricted". The difference is something like 10-15 degrees at lower rpms and for throtte positions <15%. So anyone claiming that TRE in a gen2 engine gives more power because of ignition advance is remove this is bad news - its not just true anymore (based on what we know so far form hacking the gen2 ecu.) Luckily we know already how to remove the top speed.
nuf said

did I not say it is worthless???
here is real proof

Well, many things have changed since gen1. First of all in gen2 the ignition maps are now grouped into three different groups. In old gen1 busa we used to have gear specific maps now only 3 different ignition maps. The most interesting thing with gen2 is that only the 6th gear ignition map is different to other gears. In practise this means that all other gears than gear6 are "restricted". The difference is something like 10-15 degrees at lower rpms and for throtte positions <15%. So anyone claiming that TRE in a gen2 engine gives more power because of ignition advance is remove this is bad news - its not just true anymore (based on what we know so far form hacking the gen2 ecu.) Luckily we know already how to remove the top speed.
nuf said
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE TOP SPEED,PLEASE SHARE!:please:

Proof? ???

Dyno a Gen 2 with and without an X-TRE and show us the results. Use the same dyno, room temp, day, and fuel.

That's one of the problems, on a dyno you might see a gain depending how the bike is tuned. Only problem is it's leaning the bike out and locking the ram air compensation for all gears. So on the dyno it may look good but on the street/track the bike will go lean and/or not perform nearly as well at speed. A dyno is only a tool, some things you have to see on the track/street to confirm... ;)

I'm not debating the value or accuracy of a dyno. I know it is a tool. Use that tool to dispel or confirm the hearsay. I'm saying take a stock bike (No mods of any kind) and strap it on the dyno. Run it a couple of runs to baseline it. Let it cool off. Put the TRE on it and run it a couple of more times.

If the TRE is junk this will show it definitively. Until proof is supplied the original post is also just hearsay.

I'm not debating the value or accuracy of a dyno. I know it is a tool. Use that tool to dispel or confirm the hearsay. I'm saying take a stock bike (No mods of any kind) and strap it on the dyno. Run it a couple of runs to baseline it. Let it cool off. Put the TRE on it and run it a couple of more times.

If the TRE is junk this will show it definitively. Until proof is supplied the original post is also just hearsay.

Did you read any of the info provided...? ???

Crap, and I ordered the x-tre for my '08 literally a couple hours ago. I'm a little new to modding. So are you guys saying it doesn't unrestrict the bike properly, or it does but just doesn't provide the extra power in lower gears as claimed?

Get back soon if you can because maybe there will still be time to modify my order! lol

TRE timing retard elimiator correct what are you elemiating using a 5th gear map if the ing is all the same?????
I don't want to get into a lame debate because someone will cry.
but if the timing didn't change what did?
if anything like fuel them the tre is not a tre and a fuel adder or reducer which can be done without a tre

So if what you're saying is accurate then the Boost-By-Smith option is also worthless. A TRE would not let the ECU know it's in 6th gear, neither does the BBS solution.

So if what you're saying is accurate then the Boost-By-Smith option is also worthless. A TRE would not let the ECU know it's in 6th gear, neither does the BBS solution.

Read the link I posted in the other thread...
K8 and fuel + ignition mapping

6th gear is the only gear restricted in the factory ECU on the Gen-II. The GPS mod is the only mod that eliminates the 6th gear restriction while not messing with any of the other gears fueling, timing, mapping, etc.

TRE = telling the ECU 5-N-5-5-5-5-5 (no matter what)

GPS mod = telling the ECU 1-N-2-3-4-5-5 (only 6th is affected)

What about the switchable deristrictor from boost by smith is it okay? Does it just do this 1-N-2-3-4-5-5, or would it be better to do the GPS mod?

Greg would have to explain that, I've never used the switchable. I'm guessing it is the same so you can turn it on/off. So 1-N-2-3-4-5-6 (off) or 1-N-2-3-4-5-5 (on) where the GPS mod is locked in the 1-N-2-3-4-5-5 position at all times.

If what Petrik posted is correct, it is already running a 5-N-5-5-5-5-6 ignition map. A TRE would change that to a 5-N-5-5-5-5-5, same as the GPS Mod. So, while a TRE can be more expensive than the GPS Mod, it still removes the RPM restriction in 6th gear.

No, with a GPS mod only 6th gear is changed. The TRE forces the bike into 5th at ALL times. So the TRE is giving you 5th gear ram air compensation in every gear. If the bike isn't tuned properly by a tuner that understands this, the bike will go lean when running a TRE. So you might pick up power on the dyno (because the ECU leans out) but when true airbox compression happens on the street the bike may be lean. So the dyno might show an increase in power but real world (on the street or track) the bike will be LEAN.... ;)

Oh sorry, ya timing is the same. The only problem is things are still being tested based on the ECU changes when in 5th gear.

So hypothetically, any changes that the ECU is programmed for when in 5th gear, you might see with other gears. So if the ECU adds 3% at ___ RPM for ram air compensation or added timing, etc. (at higher speeds); it may also have the same affect in lower gears.

So if the ECU says to add a progressive change in the map say 1% at 9,000rpm and ending with 3% at 11,000rpm; this could have the same affect in lower gears. With the TRE it forces those values regardless. You might only need 1% max in 1st or 2nd gear coming out of a corner, but the TRE may be forcing the ECU to give + or - 3% (thinking the bike is in 5th) because the ECU says you are getting more air when you aren't.

Again, it's hypothetical values but trying to help people understand...

Back