new brake calipers ?!

another question :please:

is caliper tokico monobloc form gsx-r 1000 K9

go without modification on a busa II generation :poke: ???

Seems to me I saw another members bike on here with Brembo calipers and Ohlins forks up front....

I've got the brembo monoblocks up front and absolutely love them!!! Stock brakes worked faily well, the brembos simply provide stronger braking power and for me better feel.

IMG_1077.jpg

yesterday i try ducati 1098........... whaouuuuuu :banghead:

brakes are amazing :bowdown:

i have on my busa K8 : EBC HH pads + brake line kit + brembo PR 19 RCS
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/84268-ok-now-brembo-goodridge.html

what a difference with the 1098 brakes origin :banghead::banghead::banghead:

question : any one have change his CALIPER TOKICO ( :banghead: )

for brembo ? beringer ? ap racing ? others ?

thanks in advance :please:

Try the Brembo pads, I feel they are superior to the EBC HH and stock pads. Better feeling, bite and can be opetated with one finger only.
They are the same as for newer GSX R1000 as well.

I've got the brembo monoblocks up front and absolutely love them!!! Stock brakes worked faily well, the brembos simply provide stronger braking power and for me better feel.

great !!! thanks a lot others pictures ?

i await K9 gsx-r 1000 calipers for mine K8 :thumbsup::bowdown:

GSX-R1000K9_FrontCaliper_BIG.jpg

Brembo Hp's here, nothing matches this upgrade! But pricey!

Sexs%20on%20wheels%20081.jpg

look that.... :laugh: a friend to me have a 1000 K9... but bye bye tokico, good morning BREMBO SBK

100_0532.jpg

i think K9 tokico (monobloc) have better : i don't know how to say in english ???

"meilleur mordant" in french, i need that for my big busa !

power ok with old tokico K8.... but not " mordant " :poke:

I'm a bit surprised that your brakes are not good enough since you have the Brembo pump and steel lines. I use the same stuff and can brake very hard even to the point that the front wheel locks on dry and warm tarmac even if the correct braking technique is used. My guess is that you may get much higher braking power with the new calipers but the bikes full stop distance will not be shorter. The end result may be that the bike is more prone to lock the front wheel since the weight of the bike is at it is, but I hope I’m wrong and that you will achieve better brakes for any situation. It will be interesting to hear your findings. Do your self the favour to test Brembo pads already in the shape the bike is now, you will probably be impressed and this is especially important to make if you later will use Brembo pads with the new calipers, to be able to judge the effect of caliper upgrade itself.

Last edited:
My guess is that you may get much higher braking power with the new calipers but the bikes full stop distance will not be shorter

i'm ok with YOU :thumbsup: i don't need less full stop distance, it is not the problem

the problem comes owing to the fact that I tested the 1098 :laugh::banghead:

i have POWER with my actual system.... but no good " instantaneous feeling " :poke:

i don't try with my system + brembo pads, only my system + EBC HH pads... ???

I will say to you what I think of my system with these calipers of 1000 K9 (and his pads 1000 K9)

Interesting swap Full! Let us know how this works out!

One thing the 1098 (and 1198) has in its favor is the huge 330mm rotors. Haven't seen anyone do that on a Busa... yet. :laugh:

Full, do this, try the EBC HH Extreme pad.. I just got a set on (from GixerHP) and they are going to be a surprise to you..

it makes the regular HH look pretty tame.. this is NOT a pad for guys with lousy brake control as you can pull the bike into a stoppie with 2 fingers... the initial bite and control are extraordinary... Even after a few 140+ to 30 decels, they hold like no bodies biz...

Back