Service Bulletin - Hayabusa/B King

Cookie

Registered
I just hosted these pics tonight and thought I would post up here, too!

Service+Bulletin+04+06+09+re1240904561.jpg

Service+Bulletin+PgII+re1240905112.jpg

Nuotrauka-0007.jpg

Nuotrauka-0006.jpg

Nuotrauka-0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a T.S.B - ( TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN ) - Advising of a Possible problem with the clutch bolts becoming loose.

I'm going to check with the service department at FunBike today...

Thanks for the head's up, Cookie!

:beerchug:

Great, my K9 falls into the VIN range. :( I only have 150 miles on the bike so no noise yet though.

Reported on the oRg before Oct/08 (#13), But thank you sir for pointing this out and to Suzuki for listening to our members....
1. FI light keeps coming on
2. false neutral/shifting probs (hard to get into gear from neutral)
3. Poor tire/tyre choice from the factory
4. fit up of fairing assemblies and removal!
5. Speedo issues
6. Faulty battery
7. bad headlight bulbs
8. Clutch hub and lines
9. Steering lock won't release
10 Ticking noise from engine
11. Hot starts difficult
12 Bike will not shift from 5th to 6th without going to neutral.
13 Clutch Spring Bolts make contact with engine case after break- in..... GRINDING NOISE CAN BE HEARD!

Great, my K9 falls into the VIN range. :( I only have 150 miles on the bike so no noise yet though.
Mine is within the VIN range also, 1400 miles and no noise/problems. There is no way I'm going to take mine in to the knuckle draggers to screw up! I'll take my chances. I'm betting that 99% of us Gen2 owners have not and will not experience this problem.

I'm going to check with the service department at FunBike today...

Thanks for the head's up, Cookie!

:beerchug:

:rofl: If I'm not mistaken, you have over 30K miles on your Gen2. Me thinks you have no worries of bolts backing out on you at this point in time.

I just called my dealer and they were not even aware of this bulletin. I will shedule a time to get mine done.

Thanks for the info!!

Reactions: c10
Mine is within the VIN range also, 1400 miles and no noise/problems. There is no way I'm going to take mine in to the knuckle draggers to screw up! I'll take my chances. I'm betting that 99% of us Gen2 owners have not and will not experience this problem.
After reading the service bulletin it sounds like an easy fix and may be easy enough to do when I do the first service just to prevent any potential problems.

For any of you mechanical people out there would this be as easy at it sounds? Just take the cover off, clean the bolt, put some thread lock on it, and put it back together with a new seal? If that is it I'll add it to my first service which I plan on doing myself.

Thanks,

NickSully

I missed it in October, thanks.
Nope... wasn't official until Cookie posted at least from Suzuki! Our oRg Brothers discovered the problem back in October of 08 and Suzuki addressed it just recently. Thanks Cookie for posting this info.

Nope... wasn't official until Cookie posted at least from Suzuki! Our oRg Brothers discovered the problem back in October of 08 and Suzuki addressed it just recently. Thanks Cookie for posting this info.

I haven't heard any noise coming from my clutch side :laugh:

You're welcome everyone! Happy to help out whenever I can.

For this early released info,,, I pay inside people off with food and wacky "at work" play toys! :laugh:

I still want top billing over that VVV dude,, it was my thread, ya know!

Can you put the bulletin back up on top?

Little waterbug gonna get smooched! :laugh::laugh:

Back