R-77 full tuned

ambulldog

Donating Member
Registered
big thanks to Ike and Commuta busa for hanging out with me at extreme machine yesterday.

ill post the graphs later as im at work now. i will just say this. if you have this system on and havent had it tuned GET IT DONE. Holy Crap its a totally different animal. the tuner said he had to make major adjustments at all rpms except on the top.

he did the first run with just the exhaust and made 181/109. after tuning it made 194/113. no matter what the numbers really are you'll feel as i did the 13hp gain:laugh:

Considering just the pipe bolted on the closed loop genII system alone made 9-10 more hp (as proven by many shops like HPC), a 22-23hp total gain is pretty damn good :beerchug: And they say yosh won't make any power :laugh:

Wow, that IS VERY impressive,

No matter what type dyno, Yup, a "real" tune always benefits doesn't it...

I'm wanting to do that also, but waiting to see if their close with this ECU flashing.

im now sorry i waited a year to do it. the tuner said the mid-range was a mess

Last edited:
I want to fine tune my r-77 also. does anybody know of a good tuner in
so cal? I would love to get those kind of numbers!:thumbsup:

heres the graphs. hopefully they are readable

dyno 001 [].JPG

dyno 002 [].JPG

Nice to meet both Ambulldog and Ike :beerchug: Your busa really looks good. All of the tastefull powder coating really helps bring the color of the bike together. :bowdown:

So bulldog... ignoring the piece of paper :laugh: how was the ride home and your weekend? Did you get that "seat of the pants" improvement you really wanted? How's the throttle response, partial throttle cruising, etc. feel?

And this was tunned using the basic PCIII no Bazzaz, PC5, or any other special gen2 type tunning box. :beerchug:

im now sorry i waited a year to do it. the tuner said the mid-range was a mess

Now people are starting to understand why a PC or some form of tuning device is needed. Some people were passing on info (from a uneducated shop) about not needing a tune on a Gen-II bike... :banghead:

I'm glad you got her all straightened out. :beerchug: You can't go wrong with Commuta_Busa helping you out.... :thumbsup:

Besides just the peak power, how is the low end and on/off throttle now...? :laugh:

I can't take any credit other than holding up the walls I leaned on and shootin' the chit. :laugh:
You can't go wrong with Commuta_Busa helping you out....

I'll be honest if they woulda' had the vmax and R1 available for demo rides I probably wouldn't have been around much at all :whistle: j/k

Last edited:
Now people are starting to understand why a PC or some form of tuning device is needed. Some people were passing on info (from a uneducated shop) about not needing a tune on a Gen-II bike... :banghead:

+1

i have an akrapovic racing 4-2-1 on my busa2 without pc and it definitely needs a tuning device:horrible on-off at 10°/° throttle (cruising)

I'm running the R-77 full with a Piper Cross race air filter I wonder what my #'s would be with a PCV?

I'm glad you got her all straightened out. :beerchug: You can't go wrong with Commuta_Busa helping you out.... :thumbsup:

Besides just the peak power, how is the low end and on/off throttle now...? :laugh:

on-off throttle is impressive. took a little getting used to. feels like a different bike. money well spent for sure. now it doesnt only look bad a$$ it runs it too

BUSA 005 [].JPG

Back