email i received form scorpio about the RID-5 (anti hijack module) Connection.

kevykev

Registered
I have purchased a i900 motorcycle alarm with the factory connector kit for my 2008 Suzuki 1300 Hayabusa. My question is in regard to the Remote Ignition Disable module. Where is the location of the wire that gets cut for the install. Could you please attach a photo. Also there is a lot of controversy about attaching this to the fuel pump versus ignition. Please provide any insight that you may have.
Thanks
Kevin,
We recommend connecting the RID-5 to the fuel pump fuse wire. Unfortunately I do not have a wire diagram or any photos for the 2008 Hayabusa but you will want to make sure that if you pull the fuse the bike will die. Then you should try to restart the bike as it should not restart with the fuse removed. This will test both features of our RID-5. On fuel injected bikes we recommend fuel cutoff instead of ignition because the RID-5 can cause the bike to cutout at higher RPM’s. With a fuel cutoff you don’t experience this issue. You could also use the fuel pump ground or power wires if they are more accessible as long as you can test to make sure they will accomplish our two purposes. If you can email a wiring diagram I would be happy to point out a wire with more detail.

Does anyone have a pic of the wire and where would be th best place to cut it at?
Thanks
Kevykev

Like I told you before don't do it... If someone is going to steal your bike 99% of the time the will not be riding it off anyways. It is more trouble then worth having. The risks are to great. Do you want your fuel to cut out while riding? I don't trust that little black box.

my friend had the remote disable on his r6 and left the key in the ignition with the fob attached to the key...no fob no button to push to disable the bike...yeah! lucky for him I was able to chase the guy down with my buddy on the back seat of my busa....boy did that kid get a beat down......

Yellow wire w/red tracer. Use the module to kill the fuel pump, rather than try and disable the ECM.

cut the wire on the harness side of the plug not the tank side so if you ever have to remove the tank you dont have to undue any wiring

Like I told you before don't do it... If someone is going to steal your bike 99% of the time the will not be riding it off anyways. It is more trouble then worth having. The risks are to great. Do you want your fuel to cut out while riding? I don't trust that little black box.
+1
I got the anti-hijack unit included as part of a combo buy...its still sitting unopened in my garage. My alarm is a complete, trustworthy, weatherproof plug in install except for the anti-kill, which has proven to be one more way for something to short, fray, come apart, fail, or strand you in some other way. Plus it doesn't really do anything extra in real life situations to protect your bike. Skip it :thumbsup:

+1
I got the anti-hijack unit included as part of a combo buy...its still sitting unopened in my garage. My alarm is a complete, trustworthy, weatherproof plug in install except for the anti-kill, which has proven to be one more way for something to short, fray, come apart, fail, or strand you in some other way. Plus it doesn't really do anything extra in real life situations to protect your bike. Skip it :thumbsup:

I thank everyone for their input. I think for now I will hold off on installing the RID-5 module. I took a look at the wiring diagram in the service manual (the downloaded PDF) and from what I can see; the correct wire is the yellow with red stripe on the fuel pump relay. Maybe I am just being paranoid about my new bike. Where I come from you had to chain, lock your porch furniture and take the padding in every night or it would be gone in the morning. I no longer live in part of town but when you come from the hood some things just never leave you. Thanks again.
Kevykev

P.S I will be getting lojack also.

I thank everyone for their input. I think for now I will hold off on installing the RID-5 module. I took a look at the wiring diagram in the service manual (the downloaded PDF) and from what I can see; the correct wire is the yellow with red stripe on the fuel pump relay. Maybe I am just being paranoid about my new bike. Where I come from you had to chain, lock your porch furniture and take the padding in every night or it would be gone in the morning. I no longer live in part of town but when you come from the hood some things just never leave you. Thanks again.
Kevykev

P.S I will be getting lojack also.
I don't think you're being paranoid at all...I do everything possible to protect my rides too :thumbsup: If you think somebody might try and force you off the bike at a stoplight, or somebodies going to hotwire the bike, I would definately install the anti-hijack feature :beerchug: It seems like almost always though thieves just prefer to roll or load the bike up and haul it away. In my area the chance of someone trying to push me off the bike and take off, or try and hotwire it, is pretty much non-existant. If you really think it would help I'd install it tho......just make sure you do a clean wiring job, and be sure and use connectors you can unplug and bypass in case the anti-hijack unit fails :thumbsup: Locking the bike to something and locking the wheels, plus your alarm and perimeter sensor, should be a pretty good layered form of protection. Thieves like easy scores...the harder yours is and the longer it takes to get, the less likely they'll bother with it. Don't let us steer you away from something you might actually need in your area, just because we don't think we need it in ours :thumbsup:

I installed mine for that reason, have heard of people jacking bikes at lights. So far mine has worked flawlessly, although I haven't had to use it, it gives me peace of mind that I don't have to watch my bike being rode off into the sunset.

I also skipped it
im to scared to splice wires and if something goes wrong with the whole unit then its gonna be dangerous
so i think the anti hijack is a waste
Perimetric sensor does enough protection
no one goes near it

Back