32bit ECU on a '00 Busa

lensflare

Registered
Hi,

anyone knows if i can swap a '02 or older 32bit ECU in my '00 BUSA?

the target is to have the possibility to have two maps to choose, one stock and one for the Nitrous small dry shot.

this in order to avoid buying a PCIII USB and a HUB... :D

LensZ

hi, i did a search but nope.
only found some posts on somewhat pickup swapping but nothing more precise.
can anyone help me?

It's been done without swapping the harness..

pm jjmetheny he has done this mod. :thumbsup:

I have a 2001 and plan to do it. I have been told that it is just a hub (with a wire swap somewhere) and ECU swap for me. Good luck.

i asked before after searching and searching and not finding anything very detailed. im wanting to do the same thing also, lemme know if ya figure anything out.

I have a word document that has a lot of good information on it concerning what needs to be done depending on the year of bike. I will post the information here when I get on my other computer.

I have the new ECU installed. As soon as I get my hub I will be up and running.

This is the info I have compiled so you would need to double check it. Also when the word "I" is used it is referring to the original poster and not me.

Hayabusa ECU Upgrade

99-00 ECU’s are 16 bit, 01 ECU is 16 bit, but the 01 harness is the same as 02-07. It's best to upgrade to the 02-07 ECU, as they don't require notching to access the programming port which requires soldering in a connector. All that is needed with the 01 is new ECU and rotor. On the 99-00 is new ECU, rotor and pin swap (moving pin 56 into 33, pin 60 into 53 and swap pins 36 and 43).
You can program the VCSV output to control a shift light or to activate nitrous, set hard only limiter, unify the fuel/ignition maps, increase the voltage to the coil pack for a stronger spark, setup two different map switchable on the fly, fully control ignition (rpm & TPS base only). All of the above has been tested and it works...you can have a harness for the nitrous setup and as well as the shifter, you can run a power shifter or air shifter with the stock ECU.
Also for guys running an innovate data logger there's also a plug-in that lets you log the stock ECU parameters directly to your dl-32 which is pretty cool...not sure about the other innovate loggers as I have only tested it with the dl-32...but I'm fairly sure it works with the others as well.

ECU pin swap for 99-00

hayabusaconnections.jpg

Last edited:
I have a word document that has a lot of good information on it concerning what needs to be done depending on the year of bike. I will post the information here when I get on my other computer.

I have the new ECU installed. As soon as I get my hub I will be up and running.

you have compiled quite a bit of info there mister....:laugh: Any way 99-00 and 2001 busa can all be converted to 32 bit, 01 only needs ecu and rotor...99-00 as posted just needs a few wires swaped arounds..and the ecu and rotor as well...:beerchug:

what exactly is the rotor and is it just one piece, swap that and youre done? gotta know exactly what to look for. thanks for the ecu pin sheet and info and sorry for this dumb question

you have compiled quite a bit of info there mister....:laugh: Any way 99-00 and 2001 busa can all be converted to 32 bit, 01 only needs ecu and rotor...99-00 as posted just needs a few wires swaped arounds..and the ecu and rotor as well...:beerchug:
I think that some of that info was donated by you and I thank you.

I won't admit that I was led to the Turbo area of the board to gather this info. :whistle:

what exactly is the rotor and is it just one piece, swap that and youre done? gotta know exactly what to look for. thanks for the ecu pin sheet and info and sorry for this dumb question
Reading threads and asking questions is the only way to find out.

It is the stator hub/rotor or whatever you want to call it and it is one piece. It mounts on the crank I believe. In order for the 2002-2007 ECU to work correctly you need the compatible hub from the same year range. Exactly why, I don't know, but I will look at the differences during the swap and snap some pictures. I bought mine off ebay and it was not cheap (hub off a 2002 cost me $130). There are some on this board for sale that are a bit more.

Last edited:
Reading threads and asking questions is the only way to find out.

It is the stator hub/rotor or whatever you want to call it and it is one piece. It mounts on the crank I believe. In order for the 2002-2007 ECU to work correctly you need the compatible hub from the same year range. Exactly why, I don't know, but I will look at the differences during the swap and snap some pictures. I bought mine off ebay and it was not cheap (hub off a 2002 cost me $130). There are some on this board for sale that are a bit more.
I have a thread going on my hub situation and recently I found out that it is the wrong one. I am awaiting a refund on the one returned and awaiting to arrive the newer one in the mail.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/104550-2002-stator-hub-2001-a.html

I have a thread going on my hub situation and recently I found out that it is the wrong one. I am awaiting a refund on the one returned and awaiting to arrive the newer one in the mail.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/104550-2002-stator-hub-2001-a.html

Hello there... noticed you are in VA B. That is where I am from as well I am guessing you are planning on running the SmithBusa software? Who or where are you gonna get your bike tuned at? It sounds like we are both wanting to run the same setup. Dual maps one for all motor and one for Nitrous. If you would keep us informed on how this comes along for ya.

I just received the correct rotor and installed it this weekend. The fired up after sitting for 3 months.

I do plan on purchasing smitha's setup after I get it on the road and ride her a bit.

No nitrous for me. I wanted to ditch the TRE and PCII. As far as tuning there is a guy in Chesapeake but only tunes via PC (I have heard).

I leave for Japan in 3 months but if you want my number shoot me a PM.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back