SR-i500 Alarm install w/pics and how toos

ICEMANN

Registered
Well here goes.  Finally got the pics together for the install write up.  There are many options but I tried for the best for me. You will have to remove the tail section. Used included "Y" connector for hayabusa to connect main harness from alarm to bike wiring w/factory style connectors. VERY VERY EASY part. That supplies nearly all power.

Location of unit/devices:  I decided to locate the main unit on the left side of the tail section in front of the voltage rectifier for several reasons.  Right side of bike is usually closest to curb so left side is more opt to be heard.  Right side has many uses such as compressors, air shifter bottles, left has none.  Left side is right at opening in tail section so it's even louder.  Relay for starter interrupt is on left side.  Pos of battery is on left side.

1st pic is of main unit mounted.  Supplied velcro and zip ties used for piece of mind.  Used wire loom on all wires to keep vibration cuts down.  Looks better.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082685333 -->

brain_mount_2.jpg

2nd pic is of the proximity sensor mounted.  I mounted it again with supplied velcro.  Mounted on top of battery at 45 degree angle to radiate the microwaves outward better.  Strongest point is at front of module.  Turned sensitivity up a tad to account for seat being in place.  Not wire loom and routing of wires. (shock sensor and tilt sensor is built into unit).

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082685682 -->

shock_sensor.jpg

3rd pic is of starter relay.  The starter relay is mounted on the left side of the bike with a white plastic cover.  The cover is keeping the "FUSE" from getting wet.  The relay will come off the mount by "PULLING" it off the rubber mounts.  Then remove the plug seperating the relay from the harness.  Next remove the single bolt to remove the brass colored mount for more room.

(NOTE) MY BIKE WAS DIFFERENT YOU WANT TO USE THE ORANGE AND WHITE IGNITION WIRES.

Peel back the stock wire loom wrapped tape to get more access to the wires.  Note the YELLOW wire w/GREEN TRACE is the wire running from the on/off switch THRU the clutch to the starter relay.  Probably one of the BEST places to intrrupt the starter.  Plus the easiest.

Leave some wire closer to the harness.  Cut the yellow w/green wire.  Take one of the two wires from the "STARTER INTRRUPT MODULE" w/blue tape on it and connect it to one of the yellow w/green using supplied crimp connector.  Connect the other blue marked wire from the module to the other yellow w/green.  Retape everything back up.  Mount module with supplied velcro.

AGAIN THIS IS FORWARD OF THE RECTIFIER ALMOST BESIDE BATTERY ON LEFT SIDE.  CANT MISS IT.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107478927 -->

starter_wires.jpg

This is a photo of the starter intrrupt module mounted. It is mounted on the left side of the trunk plastic between the subframe and the trunk. Almost right above the relay and voltage rectifier.

Starter_interrupt.jpg

This photo shows routing of the wires in a wire loom along the left side of the battery. This provides a nice place for the alarm fuse to rest under the seat next to the battery.

routing_of_wires.jpg

The last photo is "ALL DONE". Plastic cover back in place not covering siren on alarm. This allows it to blast right out the left side handle hole in the tail section.

Alarm works great. Wired it into the air horns as well as the tail/brake lights. Son of a gun makes a ruckuss.

Even tested by shorting out the turn signal bulb socket to by pass or disable the alam. Didnt work. Alarm proximity sensor on battery prevents you from getting close enuff to do it.

all_done.jpg

This is a photo with the mesh wire installed note the siren actually is blasting right out the mesh beside the plastic cover that gives the black out look.

Thanks hope it helps someone.

JD

mesh.jpg

ICE: that's great! Thanks for this post.. It's very helpful.. I really like the way you've done this. My TopGun undertail is on order and when I install it, I'm going to reinstall my Scorpio following your method.

Thanks again, ICE. Great thread!
smile.gif

great work as always ice much appricated i finnaly got your HID kit installed lol bike not together yet but man it lite the painters shop up
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info, just found out the other day in Ontario it is going to be mandatory for a bike otherwise they wont insure bike for theft.
Id rather put a death ray on it for any thief.

The Yellow and Green wire did not work on mine('03), I used the orange and white as recommended and it worked fine for the ignition kill.

This thread should be pinned.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095365742 -->

ABSOLUTELY! I love mine! It has done me a great service a few times. Give me a heart attack once but, it was okay when I got there. I just have to watch the mass movement sensor when in public.

Back