Angel Eye Installation

geecare

Registered
Not the most difficult project but, definitely the most tricky. Have a plan and practice it before starting. Small mistakes may result in huge consequences. (1) Keep hands clean or use gloves. Check lights and make sure they work.
(2) You will need a medium size standard screw driver and shop gloves. Place the housing in an oven at 250 degrees for 12-15 min. Take out and place on a towel and open counter space. Use screw driver to pry housing apart. Be gentle and use slow movements.
(3) once opened, take care nothing touches inside lens or reflectors.

Review pics then continue.

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

Pre fit light into lens (glass) side of housing. It should snug in front of slot toward glass side.

Epoxy, use as little as possible and take your time not to get on glass or anything else. With a stick, apply to back of top 1/3 of light. Slowly insert and hold light into place. Note: excessive pressure may fracture bulb, so be gentle but firm.

Hold for 3-4 min until epoxy begins to cure. Set aside and prep for re-install.

Review pics then contiue.

IMG_3505.JPG

IMG_3529.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

Home stretch! Test light and see if it still works.

Once the epoxy is hardens, make sure all lens and reflectors are clean and clear.

Route the wires through high beam socket and reapply lens to back housing. Just a firm press and make sure the edges inserts into the other edge.

Place back into a the 250 degree oven for 5-10 min. Tuck wires into socket hole.

Take out and firmly press to seal. Let cool and test light. If works, install it.

Need to hook up to a power source with a switch. Enjoy.

IMG_3544.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

This may seem like a silly question but why do you have to place this in an oven? Does it not do damage to the wiring and the lens plastic casing?

What are the benifits of this mod, is it strictly cosmetic?

Thanks for the write up.

Rumble.

Oven is to loosen up the glue holding the clear shell to the base. Why it went back into oven after the angel was installed??

Note to some who like this mod. Buy the newest generation of Angel eyes. They stay much cooler. I've read the older ones can "Possibly" melt your housing.Haven't seen a melted one in person though.

The oven softens the adhesive seal so opening it up becomes easier with less housing damage from the screw driver. Heating it a second time allows the seal to reseal the housing more thoroughly then just pushing it together.

250 degrees for less then 15 min will not cause any housing damage. But it will make the housing hot enought to soften the seal and irritate your hands if held too long. The benefits of this mod is mostly cosmetic, though being more visible has been brought to my attention.

Excellent write up with great photos and clear instructions!! I've seen these before and even wondered about placing other lights in the area where the low beam is located for higher number of lumes and different light pattern than the single low beam. Great, great job!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

got something in the works and this write up helped by mountains tested the oven thing and it works perfectly. Great write up man thank you.:bowdown:

Hello, Geecare I would like to see that in person, are you going to be at Texas Loosey's Thursday? If so let me know and I will try to make it.
Nice install.
Bubba

Last edited:
Hey Bubba! Long time no write. Ya, Im trying to hook up with some oc moto guys around 730. Hope to see you there.

Back