Fan issues

ZbornacSVT

Registered
Been a LONG while since posting. Apparently getting married, moving, starting a career, having a kid, and starting a business takes some time and moves your priorities around!

Bike is a 2006.

This actually started a couple years back...but only really became an issue at the end of last riding season. Just haven't had the time to fix until now!

The short and skinny of the situation now is I have a fan fuse that blows whenever the fan needs to turn on. Fuse will blow when jumping the temp switch as well. I pulled the radiator last night to check out everything as I was hoping to see some mangled mess of melted wires, but looks normal.

I had a similar issue previously when I installed a second fan. I increased the fuse size, but it kept blowing. So I removed the wires for the second fan and ran it without being hooked up for about 2 years now.

So two questions I guess:

1 - why is my fuse blowing and where do I look?
2 - how to I properly hook up the second fan?

Thanks guys!

yeh, i had the same problem... no one that knows much of anything has been here the last few days...

stupid question though, do you have a bunch of other crap hooked to your electric system?

like.. gauges, LED's all over the place, or other electronic stuff that may be overloading your system?

or, as you suggested, there may be a burned wire shorting out somewhere. unfortunately, it would be really difficult to find it.

Honestly, i don't know nearly as much about busas as i do old cafe racers, but, that's my best guess, and better than anyone else has answered so far.. sorry dude...

I have added a gear indicator, speedohealer, PC3, and an alarm. A far cry to what some of you are running, lol...

All is right with the world.

Local bike salvage shop had a takeoff fan for $40. Fixed my main fan issue.
Wired up the second fan same way as before and it worked first try....:dunno:

I can't believe I haven't been riding since August.....

Back