Cheap Undertail MOD

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
Hated the rear plastic fender. Decided to do a little cutting and relocate the license plate. I used an LED intergrated tail stop/signal light which has yellow LED's half and half plus the red stop LED's all in one. install of that was pretty simple. Bought a cheap license side frame along with 2 LED bars and wired it along the swing arm and up into the tail section. Plugged holes for the reflectors with body panel plastic plugs and installed hooks under the tail for using bungie cords and saddle bags. Bike is dirty from riding all weekend so excuse the mess. hope you get the idea of what it looks like. Oh and those two brothers slip on's sound awesome! no more sneaking up on the competition!

plateback.jpg

tailhooks.jpg

rightside.jpg

plateholder.jpg

tailplate copy.jpg

Looks good, wish I could do that but apparently a new FL law will make side mount plates illegal with a hefty 1st fine.

pretty sure your tag is illegal in OH.

People argued they were legal here in PA...then the fines started gettign handed out and they found out what i was tellign them was in fact correct.

In PA it says the "registration" must be hortizontal...meaning basically, the sticker.

Ranger,
you are correct this is a new law in Florida my neighbor's brother got a good fine for having his plate mounted sides way.

pretty sure your tag is illegal in OH.

People argued they were legal here in PA...then the fines started gettign handed out and they found out what i was tellign them was in fact correct.

In PA it says the "registration" must be hortizontal...meaning basically, the sticker.

nope, law in ohio says nothing about how its mounted. Nothing about center or sideways.....just has to be illuminated. guess I'll know for sure if i get stopped. :please::banghead:

Tail looks good. Yea I am hesistant to relocate my tag because it is just one more reason for the police to pull me over and I really dont want that. I just cut my air break in half with a dremel and filed it clean. It looks stock just shorter.

Back