Updated pics - more mods

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it was and unseasonable 75 degrees in KC today. And instead of riding, I decided to work on the trailer. LOL

I recently added some fluorescent lights. I wanted a way to power them without my generator or utility power...so I added a power inverter and pulled power from the trailer connector ;) Oh - and I added a power inlet for an easy way to pull utility power...

OK, y'all like pics...

Here is the Power Inlet
IMG_1816.jpg

It's basically a weatherproof, recessed male plug
IMG_1817.jpg
IMG_1815.jpg

Just add power
IMG_1818.jpg

Here is the power inverter I added. I added a 7-pin trailer plug and pulled power from the connector. Now, when I don't have utility power, I can light up the trailer from the truck or the Jeep.
IMG_1823.jpg

Lights are on...here they are being powered via the inverter
IMG_1821.jpg

I borrowed Hal's idea for mounting the Baxley chocks...but instead of two small plates, I just made one long one. I routed them into the trailer so they are flush with the floor.
IMG_1824.jpg

Three plates... two side by side for hauling two bikes. One set slightly forward for hauling only one.
IMG_1825.jpg

And then a Harbor Freight chock in the nose for hauling a third bike
IMG_1827.jpg

Last one for now... Some of the other stuff; toolbox mounted, racks for helmets and hanging jackets..
IMG_1829.jpg

Next is adding some anti-slip tile...

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work - she looks great... love to see what she looks like with the scoots test loaded! :bowdown:

What's with the wire racks, no pvc :whistle:

LOL!

I got the plans from Randy and planned on making them. But I was walking through Home Depot one day and saw these wire shelves. $15 a pop. They worked perfectly! Two helmets will fit on each, just run the chin straps through the mesh and fasten. The helmets don't budge ;) Additionally, jackets, pants, etc. can be hung on them. :thumbsup:

Yep, 3 will fit! :thumbsup:

I had to go with a Harbor Freight chock for the one in the nose as I needed a chock that would fit all the way into the nose. A Baxley is too wide and holds the bike about 6" further back. No biggie, the only time I'd use the HF chock is when hauling 3 bikes. Otherwise, with one or two, the Baxley's get used.

I'll see if I can get a pic with 'em ;)

Don't worry - I am sure you can just drag Bessie behind the trailer...

:rofl: :beerchug:

Back