Helmet Racks...

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Posted this from Omslaw, by request...

Ok, did the best I could in trying to get measurements.

My assistant posed most of the technical problems but despite that, we got you some pics!

First, I used schedule 40 PVC pipe and some black Rustoleum to coat it (color match to your taste!). The brackets (that I used to fasten it to the trailer walls) are from Home Depot (as are all the components), they are conduit clamps that are widely available in the electrical section of the store.
I also bought foam tubes (I think they are used to insulate water pipes from the cold) and zip tied them around the pipe to keep from scratching the helmets.
Honestly, just get all the couplings and tubes and set it all up on a bench, you just have to be careful when you start gluing it all together because you can sort of 'glue yourself into a corner' and not be able to put the damned thing together!

The post that runs length ways, across the top / front can be deleted. I did not put that part in the one I mounted in Don's trailer and leaving that one out makes it a little easier to put the helmets in. All one really needs is a place to strap them during transit.

I am attaching some pics, lemme know if ya have any probs with them and I'll try again.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
ImageShack Links Do Not Workhttp:
[B]ImageShack Links Do Not Work[/B]
[B]ImageShack Links Do Not Work[/B]

Awesome! Thanks, Randy!!! I think I'll head to Home Depot this weekend to pickup some PVC! :thumbsup:

Here is the one he mounted in Don's trailer :woot: :woot:

P1040244.jpg

Resized the pics for you. How much would you say you have in that little project? What type of glue did you use? I may have to try something similar. Thanks for posting.

Helmet Rack - 1.jpg

Helmet Rack - 2.jpg

Helmet Rack - 3.jpg

Helmet Rack - 4.jpg

Helmet Rack - 5.jpg

Helmet Rack - 6.jpg

Helmet Rack - 7.jpg

Helmet Rack - 8.jpg

Helmet Rack - 9.jpg

Helmet Rack - 10.jpg

I think we paid around $30.00 for each rack. Can't really remember, it's been a about a year since we made them.
Just use PVC glue.
Here is a close up of the helmet rack we made for Don. Much better design then our first ones I think.

100_3256.jpg

100_3257.jpg

I left the pics large since A) I wanted to make sure Omar could see the tape measure and B) I thought he'd delete the thread once he got what he needed.

Hope the info helped!

Also a lesson here, you give an Alabama guy some duct tape, and pvc pipe and we can make da**ed near anything!!!

Last edited:
Very cool, i've been looking for an idea for the helmets, and i guess i know what to do now!

I think you better move on a patent for it quick, but i know we can pay you in Beer! :whistle:

Thanks for the post Randy. One day when I grow up I hope to have A) a stable B) a trailer C) friends like you and Dawn to make cool shid like that for my trailer. :thumbsup:

Very cool, i've been looking for an idea for the helmets, and i guess i know what to do now!

I think you better move on a patent for it quick, but i know we can pay you in Beer! :whistle:

LOL....it will take more than beer. Try a bottle of Jim Beam:laugh:

I left the pics large since A) I wanted to make sure Omar could see the tape measure and B) I thought he'd delete the thread once he got what he needed.

Hope the info helped!

Also a lesson here, you give an Alabama guy some duct tape, and pvc pipe and we can make da**ed near anything!!!

Delete it???

I think it should be pinned:)

just remember measure twice, cut once and never put you fingers in your mouth when working pvc glue. :laugh:

Maybe I am not seeing it, but how do you stop the helmets from falling off during hard turns or bumps? Or the occasional clutch dump at a stop light!:rofl:

Looks to me to be quality work!!! Very nice! I'm interested about 'securing' the helmets there, as well, but definitely GET A PATENT!!!

:beerchug:

John, I dont drink beer!:poke:

I prefer my bevs to be FLAMMABLE!

Back