Frame painting?

tampaboy813

Registered
I have the NON le and would like to have a black frame...with out taking the bike down to nothing and having the frame PCed...can you have the frame painted?

Not sure you'd want to...if you really want to avoid pc'ing, you might be able to wrap it...even that would be a bit hokey though

you could but it's not gonna be complete. It would also make the job of getting a good paint job very difficult.

contact postal he did it and it looks AWESOME I am going to do it sometime send him a pm and he will tell exactaly the way he did it.....well thats what he did for me.

i just did mine, iv vdone many,,,all i do is take the backe tire off mask what i dont want painted and then primer/paint, clear. with out clear the paint will be raw and gas and such will take it right off.....hope this helps ,i cane do it in about 2 hours total..

i just did mine, iv vdone many,,,all i do is take the backe tire off mask what i dont want painted and then primer/paint, clear. with out clear the paint will be raw and gas and such will take it right off.....hope this helps ,i cane do it in about 2 hours total..

care to post a pic of ur end product dude???

pics r from my cell so there not the best,,,,i only paint the part of the frame that you can see with fairngs on...

frame pri 1.jpg

frame pri 2.jpg

frame black.jpg

frame blck 2.jpg

frame pri3.jpg

i bought an LE swingarm off ebay for $100 with 500miles on it, just waitin to get the nerve to do this to the frame. Maybe I can bribe postal to help me out at the bash lol.

Man that looks real good bro. I am digging the way you masked the whole bike off. Could you post some pics of the bike before and after with everything on it? :beerchug:

i use auto paint.primer base clear. so aound the rear sets will be fine.its when you leAve raw paint that it chips off

i use auto paint.primer base clear. so aound the rear sets will be fine.its when you leAve raw paint that it chips off

done over 30 busas, I recommend againist it everytime. It is not powder coat. It will scratch with your fingernail just like a hood will. Your boot is much harsher than a fingernail.....you'll see.

done over 30 busas, I recommend againist it everytime. It is not powder coat. It will scratch with your fingernail just like a hood will. Your boot is much harsher than a fingernail.....you'll see.

so what your saying is that you can scratch the paint off a car with your nails.the answer is no you cant. the clear coat is very strong......and if it doesnt work why have you done it over 30 times???

frame spars near the rearsets never hold up...so if you plan to paint...be prepared to do it over and over again.

I've got to agree with suzuki4life on this one. I would be very wary of painting a swingarm. I would think that all the road grim, sand and dirt that flies off your chain is going to sandblast that paint right off you swingarm in a short time even if you use a quality paint. Clearcoat is hard but it isn't powdercoat. Just my $.02

I've got to agree with suzuki4life on this one. I would be very wary of painting a swingarm. I would think that all the road grim, sand and dirt that flies off your chain is going to sandblast that paint right off you swingarm in a short time even if you use a quality paint. Clearcoat is hard but it isn't powdercoat. Just my $.02
i painted my frame but not the swingarm it came out nice

CIMG0032.jpg

Back