First attempt at a Go Pro video. My busa vs s1000r

He doesn't have an airshifter. Killer quality vid though. Regardless of the bimmer, your bike looked like it was pulling good.

What does the air shifter have to do with not using the clutch to shift? Air shifter usually just has the ignition kill to allow WOT shifting.

Blip the throttle and kick it into the next gear.

Thats right, I think I remember someone saying gen 2s have the cut tranny already.

What they're gettin at is you can speed-shift without using the clutch at high rpm's;just load the shift lever with a bit of pressure from your left foot,chop the throttle for a split second to unload the trans and then click into the next gear....and then back on the throttle a split second later. Much faster then using the clutch

I thought that was exactly what was causing the gen 1 trans failures and gear dropping. Mine is dropping 2nd occasionally now.

Dark3 sorry to have never commented that the video was great quality. Much enjoyed.

I thought that was exactly what was causing the gen 1 trans failures and gear dropping. Mine is dropping 2nd occasionally now.

Gen1 trans failures? Never heard of any,I wasn't aware it was an issue. I guess anything is possible. I suppose if you dont load it with enough pressure it may not engage......but,the 1st few times it pops out of gear and starts to round off the dogs on the gear itself an undercut trans is in your immediate future.

Yeah,forgot to mention the vid quality is great:thumbsup:

Unless you're looking for a 10th of a second at a drag strip(in which case you'd be having an air shifter anyway)keep using your clutch,your transmission will be thanking you later on down the road.:beerchug:

first of all great race! id say in and out of hi way traffic you won! he pulled on u yes but took some time and at those speeds gotta be close to 1/8th mile before he did. so u lost the marathon race but won the sprint....:laugh:

them 1000rr pull hard up top cause they make peak hp up top at high rpm's. their no joke tho! fast fukn bike no doubt!

I wud not recommended shifting at those speeds without the clutch. sure u may get away with it for quite sometime but as oldgixxer stated ull eventually round off then dogs and remember the tranny just doesn't pop out like it does in a car. lot more labor involved.

I do at slower speeds all the time simply cause I'm too lazy to pull in clutch. my tranny is cut but I still wudnt clutch less shift at those speeds. no fukn way! ull miss a gear sooner or later and without the clutch engaged thats not good.

I wud opt for the air shifter and set it up to shift automatically thru the raptor shifter. in a roll race it works perfect. from a dig ull have to short shift first as u don't want to pull to max rpm in first but in the following gears it will shift at watever rpm u have it set at depending on ur gears. wud have been a much closer marathon race if u had.

He has the woolich skills now to do the ecu kill with the air shifter. I just switched over to ecu kill this morning from 5-6:30 before I left for work so I have a MPS killbox for sale if anybody is interested. Actually with that ecu kill harness from MPS, it shouldn't have taken me that long. That thing is sweet.

Thanks for all the comments gents. Definatly have no plans of banging gears. I do have plans of a basic QS just have been spending alot of time in the field right now and also remember i just got this bike bone stock new early in the year. She has come along way just havent got to it. That beemer is fast. It has a bit of work and also a light weight rider. He admited to me after the race that he was getting worried off the jump because i starting to walk him until 5th and thats where he made up time and drove around me. No shame here. Thats a incredibly powerful and light bike and im gear 2 up in the back. Stay tuned for some more vids. I should be filming today or tmrw. Maybe a rematch maybe a zx10 or two. The bee needs some honey lol

Sadly the power to weight ratio is not in our favor when comparing full bolt-on bikes. 4th Gen 10R's with bolt-ons/ECU tune make solid 190rwhp. Throw in an MR-12 tune and its close to 200rwhp. Full bolt-on Gen2 Busa makes the same HP,but weighs 120lbs+ more. 2015 S1K's w full bolt-on's and ECU are at almost 200rwhp,with MR-12 over 200rwhp which is just friggin insane. Throw in some gearing changes on both of those literbikes and they just run away from a stock engine Gen2 on the highway. Gotta go inside the engine if the big 'Zuk is going to be able to hang with let alone beat the Kawi&BMW.

Suzuki hasnt done a damn thing to either the GSXR-1K or Busa in ages,how the hell can we expect to hang with the latest open class supersport bikes? It's a damn shame. I had to do head/cams on my L3 1000 just to hang(not beat)a damn stock engine 4th Gen 10R and S1000RR.

Is a gead and cam package worth doing on the gen2. Alot of engine builders say dont even worry about porting and polishing heads because its not worth the cost unless you are out of other reasonably affordable motor work

Oh and btw oldgixxer i agree. Me being a descent rider especially while clutching is all that saces my ass afainst alot of noobs with alot of money and light newer liter bikes. The bike does hold its own pretty well till it sees that german POS lol

Back