Short Ride Today

piratediverjefff

Registered
Took the camera out today for a bit.Had a Harley pass me on the ramp at about the 7:58 mark so decided to show him the error of his ways and opened a can of whoop azz on him(accidentally bumped the limiter in 2nd and 3rd)and let off around 155 mph in 4th.:laugh:Kinda glad for the traffic as at the 10:07 mark I spotted a CHP backed a ways(on the right)off the road scopin' traffic and luckily I was only doing 80-90 mph as I went by him.:whistle:Had the camera aimed a bit too low,ok for general ridin' but a bit of a tuck and all I got was dash.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video Jeff. Glad to see a different road from you.:poke: boy that mic location sure does let you hear the transmission :thumbsup: that's something that I can't even hear when riding my own bike.

Nice to see some can get a ride in. Still to cold and salty to ride here.
We won't get to 50° till sometime in April.

I have to wonder if you have a larger rear sprocket as your front wheel seems to keep coming up. :laugh:

Great video Jeff. Glad to see a different road from you.:poke: boy that mic location sure does let you hear the transmission :thumbsup: that's something that I can't even hear when riding my own bike.

:laugh:

Mic did seem to pick up too much stuff today,may have to move it around again.

Nice to see some can get a ride in. Still to cold and salty to ride here.
We won't get to 50° till sometime in April.

I have to wonder if you have a larger rear sprocket as your front wheel seems to keep coming up. :laugh:

It's been warmin' up a little too early out here,we should be low 70's but have already had quite a few high 80's/low 90's with more coming the latter of the coming week.

Have 18/44 on the bike and will eventually go back to a 43 or drop to a 42,that front end does float pretty easily.:laugh:

Great video. You made the pass in exactly the same spot I would have. Makes me want to get out and ride. I only have a few safe spots I can let it hang out and I never know where a speed trap may be. Sometimes you just take the chance.

We have so damned many curvy roads out here(and the knuckleheads to go with them:laugh:)that a lot of times I just like to cruise about 80-90 mph down a freeway(with a short triple digit burst or two thrown in just to blow any carbon out...and I couldn't resist kickin' a little sand in that guy's face today :laugh:).I've estimated I've seen 180+ mph at least 400+ times over the last 12-13 years(3 Busas/1 with turbo)and so far/so good with only one speeding ticket back in '02...probably just jinxed myself.:laugh:I'm with you bro,I see no reason to own a 200 mph motorcycle if you're not going to wind it up every now and then.:beerchug:

Back