Secondary Injector Controllers

ExtremeRide

Registered
How many of you guys are running secondary injectors on your plenum , and if so what controller are you using , such as a Motec M6 etc..?

I just installed a split second box
it came with the portfueler

Motor is out right now but the sofware seems easy
before that I was messing with a megasquirt

if you've got the budget for Motec then go that route. Most can't swing anything close to that and instead go with microtech.

On the 08 busa you can run 2 power commanders. One for each set of injectors. 325 HP should be possible with this set up. {bettor lower the compression though} The new rods are supposed to be stronger but I don't know how much.

On the 08 busa you can run 2 power commanders. One for each set of injectors. 325 HP should be possible with this set up. {bettor lower the compression though} The new rods are supposed to be stronger but I don't know how much.
from my recolection the 2 sets dont fire at the same time
i know this cause they arent allowed to fire at the same time in the real street class

also the larger of the 2 sets (for upper end of rpms) of injectors are 26 lbs
and the stock on the gen 1 busa are 24 lbs

i know this cause they arent allowed to fire at the same time in the real street class

I think they just changed that rule Pinky. Look on psycobike. If not I stand corrected.

Is it possible to just run a larger set of rc injectors using a power commander, say a drop in set of 62lb'ers? Or does this affect driveability to much? I have been looking into a secondary controller but wondered why we cant just use bigger injectors.
rock.gif

bigger injectors (even S2000) effect driveability, have fun with 62 lb'ers LOL. I would stay away from that, much bigger than S2000's can be interesting for a street bike,

power commander can somewhat with the hub, if you are going S2000's you are relying on a FMu to get fueling, stock fuel pressure with S2000 wont support boost.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
cdhoroho @ Mar. 27 2008 said:
1352147[/ATTACH] PM]

I think they just changed that rule Pinky. Look on psycobike. If not I stand corrected.
yep just seen the change
http://www.amadragbike.com/news....neid=10

i have to say that now makes an advantage to the gen 2 over gen 1 for power capabilities
not right in my opinion

but if i still remember right they dont fire at the same time correct?

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
cdhoroho @ Mar. 27 2008 said:
1352174[/ATTACH] PM]

yep just seen the change
http://www.amadragbike.com/news....neid=10

i have to say that now makes an advantage to the gen 2 over gen 1 for power capabilities
not right in my opinion

but if i still remember right they dont fire at the same time correct?
i stand corrected it appears they are both in activation at some point a little bit

sorry for my misconception of that

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

that would be nice but isnt the mains a smaller set then the secondaries?

does anyone know what the sizes of the gen 2 injectors are?

The training cd I have on the 08 says its up to an 80 liter per hour fuel pump from prevuous 60, says both injectors are same size and a high rpm wot 75 percent of fuel comes from secondaries.

This post has peaked my interest in the Megasquirt ecu. I understand that these ecu's utilize some type of map or boost sensor. Is this controller capable of adjusting fuel based on boost pressure? I'm fairly inexperienced with standalone ecus so that's why I ask. Additionally I would like to get rid of the POS power commander that's on my bike with the intention of increasing the boost to around 18 or so psi.

Back