NEED HELP FROM THE EXPERTS!!

hayabusa36

My Busa And I. Till Death Do Us Part.
Registered
newbie.gif
O.K. I see everyone ask's this qusetion but I have to ask because I dont see the ansers. I have an 06 busa and I want to put a mild turbo on it. 200-280hp is fine. I have found a few that I like just want to know if anyone has had any good or bad findings with the 3 that I have found. This is the Gettho.

The Mr. Turbo...

http://www.mrturbo.com/kit2.html

Or the Hahn....

So please give me all the input you or your friends might have. Im not looking to start changing injectors or head gaskets,nothing crazy. Nice and simple bolt on ride away dont have to tune it everyday reliable power. Thanks for the in put.....

I have the Ghotto Kit times 2 ... no problem with either the Stage 1 or the Stage 2 kit. I would call and talk to each builder/installer/tuner for all three kits that you have on your list. They along with experienced turbo owners on this site can give you more info. I would also talk to Barry at Velocity, Seb at NLR, and Richard at RCC as well.

H-36 i have a velocity kit on mine. install was no problem workmanship was very good, i know im a welder-fabricator myself. i also helped a friend install a hahn kit also install was ok, however did not care for hahns teck support. in fact it sucks. but barry and the guys at velocity were great could get them on the phone anytime. im shur the other stage 1 kits are fine too. just a couple of things to remember, no matter whos kit you end up with do not go more than 6 psi boost and more important when you get the install done and bike fired up check for leaks, loose bolts,etc do not ride except to put around until you get the bike on a dyno and have it mapped by somebody with the proper equipment. that is a dyno with TLS software this is most important if this is done bike will be trouble free just keep 93 octane in it. I learned all this about boost pres and haveing a good map th hard way. be safe-go fast

of the three system you list the ghetto is the best kit for the money, i have a velocity stage two none ball bearing street kit, that i am very happy with.. but do a little research before you decide, and have it installed by a reputable turner with experience installing and tuning turbos...

O.K. Sounds good guys. Just a few questions tho.
Well first off I just want to let you all know im not a novice to performance. Im manager of a german performance shop in N.Y. All we do is turbos and superchargers. Plus I have been a mechanic for about 30 years give or a take a few. So I will be doing the install my self with of course a power command and my cousins friend owns the hottest bike/dyno tuner shop in my area. So that part I have covered. I just wanted to know really about the quality and fit and finish issues. Also.... I guess 6 psi on a stock motor is good? I'm asking why only 6? Is that the max on the stock motor or is it that any more than that I will get blown off the bike?         Input please.....
laugh.gif

it's because stock compression is so high..so six is the safe range, it can handle more than that but you would need either race fuel, water injection or an intercooler or a combination of any two..if you know than you are going to increase the boost later on then build the motor, rods, pistons, valve spring, and head studs..

bowdown.gif
 O.K. So the turbo god's have spoken
bowdown.gif
 I see alot of input with the velocity kit,so I checked it out and it does look like its the best ont for the job. I kinda like the Hahn price but I know in my line of work, you get what you pay for. I also like the fact it comes with its own map so its like a ready to ride after install.  It works out for me too because I have a Velocity dealer in my area so its all good. I have one last question for the turbo god's..... I see some guys with no exhaust,just a small turndown. Is there an advantage to one or the other? And last but not least, Same question about the air filter, I would think a filter is better to keep stuff out of the turbo but is there a benifit to running with out one?            Input please......
race.gif

bowdown.gif

(hayabusa36 @ Jan. 14 2007,20:50)
bowdown.gif
O.K. So the turbo god's have spoken
bowdown.gif
I see alot of input with the velocity kit,so I checked it out and it does look like its the best ont for the job. I kinda like the Hahn price but I know in my line of work, you get what you pay for. I also like the fact it comes with its own map so its like a ready to ride after install. It works out for me too because I have a Velocity dealer in my area so its all good. I have one last question for the turbo god's..... I see some guys with no exhaust,just a small turndown. Is there an advantage to one or the other? And last but not least, Same question about the air filter, I would think a filter is better to keep stuff out of the turbo but is there a benifit to running with out one? Input please......
race.gif
Not a God but I have had very good luck with the Velocity and have had excellent service after the sale and get this: I bought the kit used! The map Barry gives you is pretty generic,when you get it installed,hit me up,I have a very good map.

bowdown.gif

O.K. Cool I will most likely but what's your take on the exhaust and air filter question?
beerchug.gif

(hayabusa36 @ Jan. 14 2007,21:08) O.K. Cool I will most likely but what's your take on the exhaust and air filter question?
beerchug.gif
The dump is the more free flowing of the 2,the can adds a nice touch if you want to be stealthy,but be prepared for some HP loss if you go the full exhaust route.Get the full exhaust,breather thats inside the plastic and no one will know you have a turbo,get the dump and everybody knows what youre packing!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(hayabusa36 @ Jan. 14 2007,08:50) I also like the fact it comes with its own map so its like a ready to ride after install.
I doesn't matter what kit you get I wouldn't run the map they send with it for more than putting around town without at least checking your AF ratio to make sure you're not way lean.

(hayabusa36 @ Jan. 13 2007,23:47) Also.... I guess 6 psi on a stock motor is good? I'm asking why only 6? Is that the max on the stock motor or is it that any more than that I will get blown off the bike?
Without going into the motor 6# is about the limit you will get away with safely. Now throw in a spacer plate and some race gas and you can go 8# maybe 10# but you will start to run out of injectors. I have a stage 2 kit that I run 14# on pump gas with a spacer, intercooler, and secondary injectors and I ride on a daily basis without any problems. Check out my sig for a video.

(hayabusa36 @ Jan. 14 2007,08:50) I see some guys with no exhaust,just a small turndown. Is there an advantage to one or the other? And last but not least, Same question about the air filter, I would think a filter is better to keep stuff out of the turbo but is there a benifit to running with out one?
Dump pipes will make more power than the full exhaust. All kits run air filters just some will fit inside the body work and some won't.

I have a MCXpress kit with a full exhaust and the filter under the body work and without telling someone it has a turbo they wouldn't know.

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

Hey H-36 its cool your going with the velocity you should be satisfied with the setup. as the guys were saying 6 psi is most you should try to go with, being that you have stock comp 11/1 and using pump gas. also the most boost you can go with on stock injectors is only 7-71/2 psi after that injectors are maxed out if you have a correct map. the 6 psi should give you 230-240 HP if mapped right. as i said in a earlyer post DO NOT trust the map that comes with kit on CD it is way off mostly way lean in midrange and up also you will half to run your boosted fuel pres a bunch higher than advised. someware in the 80+ psi range [under boost ] PM me if you want can hook you up with my setup. bike runs good now since mapping

Back