RPM / Velocity Turbo Kit

jesselee69

Registered
Hello all,

I am new to the turbo scene. Does anyone have experience with the Velocity Racing kit that is now made by RPM cycle? The reason I ask is I found a killer deal online and the store has it in stock as well, which from what I search they are typically made to order with extended lead times. The kit is here: Velocity Racing - 1999-2014 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo Kit GSXR1300 Busa | On Sale: $3,795.00

I guess my question is what is everyone's experience with this kit and have you ever bought from TurboKits.com - Turbo Kits, Turbocharger Upgrades, and Performance Auto Parts

Thanks

:)

I have no experiences with turbokits.com or rpm turbo kits. Most would recommend rcc though. Good luck with your turbo!

My rcc kit and the whole experience has been great. I did the install, stage I, had every question answered by Rob and Richard that I ever needed within minutes most of the time. Maybe a half hour at the most! RCC kits are the bomb.

But, be forewarned, that expense for the kit, you better have some extra $ in reserve for the tune, swing arm (plus chain) and lots of things you havent even considered will change when you add substantial hp to an already powerful bike.

I would also be wary of a kit that is made for both gen I and gen II and not specific. If the rpm kit is offering the same kit for both bikes, something is generic. Save your money, wait and get an rcc kit. Have an extra $2k beyond the price of the kit for knick knacks.

Stay away.....
I would call that web store and confirm 100% that they have the kit in their possession;ask for pics to be emailed. Without confirmation you be led down a road of excuses,failed promises,and a kit that is not a direct bolt-on. Do a yourself a favor and do a google search,I think you will go elsewhere once you see the threads about Jason.....

I would also be wary of a kit that is made for both gen I and gen II and not specific. If the rpm kit is offering the same kit for both bikes, something is generic. Save your money, wait and get an rcc kit. Have an extra $2k beyond the price of the kit for knick knacks.

Sorry I was not clear, they have the Gen 1 in stock and the Gen 2 can be swapped.

Stay away.....
I would call that web store and confirm 100% that they have the kit in their possession;ask for pics to be emailed. Without confirmation you be led down a road of excuses,failed promises,and a kit that is not a direct bolt-on. Do a yourself a favor and do a google search,I think you will go elsewhere once you see the threads about Jason.....

Yeah, they have it, confirmed it. I read great reviews for turbokits.com so hopefully if I go that route it will be good.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Yeah, they have it, confirmed it. I read great reviews for turbokits.com so hopefully if I go that route it will be good.

Thanks for all of the feedback.
I didn't mean turbokits.com,I mean do a search for rpm/velocity turbo/jason king......

Its a good thing it comes with a boost gauge instead of a BOV. I have all kinds of time to look around at my gauges when tucked with WOT. I could see a boost gauge as something you might want when you have a boost controller just to glance and see its working but its not an effective tool imo. I would rather have a big AFR gauge.

We sell more Rcc kits then any other kit on the market, and never have had a problem with their kits.

I will tell you to stay far away from RPM/velocity products as whole. When they say 2-4 weeks turn around time, what that actually means is 4-6 months. Every single time we've ordered a kit or a swing arm from them it's the same song and dance. Currently been waiting 4 months for a swing arm that we ordered in March and they've been giving me the usual run around. This is the last product I will ever order from them.

That being said RCC has the best warrantee, and the highest level of quality in the production level kits. They simple cannot be beat. We do offer org members discounts on the kits, and combined with our customer service (literally 24/7, ask Kevin) it's a no brainier.

When your ready to make the jump, you know who to call!

Last edited:
Don't get anything but an rcc kit. You'll be back on here asking for help.

Rcc is just a damn great kit and the support from the vendors and manufacturer is top notch. Save your money and get the best kit

Its a good thing it comes with a boost gauge instead of a BOV. I have all kinds of time to look around at my gauges when tucked with WOT. I could see a boost gauge as something you might want when you have a boost controller just to glance and see its working but its not an effective tool imo. I would rather have a big AFR gauge.

A boost gauge instead of a BOV? Not sure what you mean, but every kit we sell from RCC comes with the optional Blow off Valve. If you know what it does, you would insist on having it on your turbo system. Back when Hahn kits were popular, we would add them to the build. POWERHOUSE has been with RCC from the beginning, and even at times when we sold and installed multiple brands (including Velocity), RCC was always our best-quality, best selling kit. The fit and finish is top notch, and the two year warranty doesn't hurt, either. Customer support is key, and we are here for any questions during the build, tune and beyond. Even if there are new Velocity kits available somewhere, keep in mind that Velocity (and Hahn, for that matter) are no longer making anything worthwhile. And Rob is correct - the last kit I ordered from Velocity was promised in 3 weeks and literally took over six months to receive. BEWARE! :whistle:

Plus, there really isn't any value you can put on how quick I can ask Rob or Richard a question, any newb question that I have and get an answer. That makes sense to a newb. And isn't loaded with opinions but fact.

Plus, there really isn't any value you can put on how quick I can ask Rob or Richard a question, any newb question that I have and get an answer. That makes sense to a newb. And isn't loaded with opinions but fact.

Haha - didn't catch that Kevin, sorry! Don't know of too many people riding turbos that have time to look around at gauges and go sightseeing on boost! And yes, having your questions answered properly and quickly is a plus that can seal the deal. Richard and Rob and I are always available and ready . . . it's a good product and we support it.

Back