Feedback on the Hahn kit

Kevin Jones

Registered
I can currently afford to do a Hahn kit but not quite in the range to do an RCC build. I am very green in the turbo realm but pretty mechanically inclined but not as experienced on the Busa motor as I would like to be. That will just take time. I grew up on big cams, 13:1 and stroker V8s and we just didnt do turbos. Displacement was the most our budgets could allow for. A 6-71 was out of our range and a 10 second car a dream. Just recently can I afford to actually contemplate affording stuff. Wow did I digress, insomnia. Anyway, I have tried to search for the differences in the RCCs and the Hahn and I do not know the specifics or the capability comparisons. Talking stage I's for a Gen 1, 8lb boost. This bike will see no track time. I would do a motor build if I had that inclination as I know what it would require internally to have a motor handle that kind of torque. No need. I do belong to the school of "be afraid of your bike, respect it if you want to live". An old pit rider from the circus days taught me that. ALibi, this thread may not be coherent.

Save your money and buy an RCC kit. The quality is leaps and bounds above the Hahn. You think your saving money but your probably gonna wind up spending more in the long run having to pay for repairs and modifications to get it to run.

Hands down, save some mo money, you can upgrade the Rcc stuff, with the Hahn, your locked in to only being able to add a Port Fueler.

I'm with everyone else, save your money and go Rcc, it will be worth it in the long run.

When you're ready, get with me and I can worth with you on pricing.

Will do. I will do the install and learn while I am doing it. Military discount? :) If so, I am ready to call you now!

Well, more like mastercard :) but Rob did help me out and it wasnt too much more than what I was going to pay for the Hahn. Now time to read up and get smart on these boost thingys.

Well, more like mastercard :) but Rob did help me out and it wasnt too much more than what I was going to pay for the Hahn. Now time to read up and get smart on these boost thingys.

Rob is definitely a good dude;goes out of his way to help others all the time. Glad you spoke with him and he steered you in the right direction;and he will always help you with any questions even if they have been asked a zillion times&seem simplistic. Ask me how I know:beerchug:

Arriving this weekend. I just got done repainting and haven't color sanded fairings yet. Looks like perfect timing.

Rob says Schnitz Racing has the block off plates for the pair holes above the exhaust. Save some serious time and buy them instead of tapping those holes to thread those bolts they give you in. So far, going good. Havent lost anything I needed which is untypical of me having three mischevious dogs that like to grab stuff and put it somewhere else.

4 hours on the dyno by Johnny @ exotic cycles and we settled with 230hp. I know we could have gone 245 but Johnny kept talking about pump gas and making me all paranoid that I would burn it if I got into it, she is a daily driver and I wanted reliable and worry free more than the extra couple ponies. Maybe I am being a little wussylike but 230 works fine. I cannot afford to put any more money into that motor, I am broke. Broke! Those guys at exotic love that kit. Says its off the chain reliable and the external wastegate blows the hahn kit outta the water. Thank you everyone for all your help and guidance. Yes, they scared me into stretching it 3 inches with stories of going over backwards. I didnt want to, I wanted to stay stock wheelbase but it isnt worth going over and breaking my baby and my back. Maybe it was sales, I dont know. I believe it though, the turbo power comes on so damn fast, different than a straight motor power. I could believe if it came up unexpectedly, it might be so fast as to lose it. Played a little so far with the on ramps and stuff, cooks the tire so quick.

Back