Lockup ?

Sounds like you're asking who's used a lock up clutch on a daily driven bike?

Just about every bike that rolls out of my shop uses either a single or multiple stage lock up clutch. They work great on the street and I prefer them over heavy springs any day. Can't beat a nice light clutch lever leaving a stop light but being able to lock up when making power.

Ive even started using the nlr boost compensated clutches a few times now, those work great too.

I'm running an RPM single stage lockup on my busa right now along with an MTC billet inner hub and billet clutch basket.

murderedout07 what is your opinion on boost controlled clutches, good for street as well as the occasional strip? or overkill

if u hav an air shifter the heavy clutch springs won't mater much cause u don't hav to pull the clutch in to upshift.

murderedout07 what is your opinion on boost controlled clutches, good for street as well as the occasional strip? or overkill

They are great with both to be honest. But for drag strip use it does need to be used with a boost controller for best results. Otherwise for the boosted weekend warrior looking to burn down the highways, it's a great option. We are using one on our new build that we will be showcasing on here soon.

if u hav an air shifter the heavy clutch springs won't mater much cause u don't hav to pull the clutch in to upshift.

True, but when you're in traffic is when a single stage lock up is worth its weight in gold.

True, but when you're in traffic is when a single stage lock up is worth its weight in gold.
tru. u gotta use the clutch to get goin but there is little pressure from a start. id really like to giv one of them NLR setups a try. I jus hear mixed things about them and have yet to see anyone using one so I'm a little hesitant.

I daily rode an 06 ZX14 with an MTC single stage. Really not much difference in regular riding than a regular clutch. If you're bike is 80/20 for street/strip it's a good balance and will hold much better. Just my worthless uneducated opinion. :D

Thank you for your answers.
Around $ 110

Loockup.jpg

I'd get in contact with whoever you bought the lock up assembly from, they should have their own. If you just bolt that assembly on, when the arms swing out to and press against the pressure plate, they will wear groves or possibly crack the pressure plate if you use a stock one.

Honestly if you haven't bought one yet I wouldn't suggest the one you posted if you can't get a pressure plate make for that lock up assembly.

If you would like, give me a call at the shop today and I can give you a price on an rpm 2 stage lock up.

Back