Turbo tuned running 110 octane o 93 octane question????

samcous

Registered
my blue and black 08 was recently stolen so I decided id upgrade to a turbo busa. The guy im buying it from said its tuned to run on 110 octane. Can I run that on 93 safely or do I need to take it some where and have it dyno tuned to run on pump gas? or can I just load a diff map into the PC3 that's on it? any help please.

You'll want to have the A/F and map tuned/checked for 93 pump gas. Can you post pics and more info about the bike? What year? What turbo and kit?

its an 02 with a Hahn turbo kit. heads and been rebuilt and has block spacer. Im new to turbos so I don't know what to look for or what to stay away from. so any info would be great.

00v0v_2JSFtusVaNN_600x450.jpg

00j0j_7GWY8v83pPj_600x450.jpg

Putting pump gas in a turbo that has been tuned for race fuel is a mistake; just loading a map into it will also be a mistake. :blowingup:
The bike looks nice, get it mapped by someone who has a clue and have fun . . .

yeah i plan on taking it to Marrs performance and having them dyno tune it. gonna give them a call today and see what all they need me to do and set up a day to bring it by.

Race gas probabably shows its setup for more boost than pump can support , seller can tell you just how much he was running

Does Marrs have any turbo experiance , if not find someone who does , esp as you have none yet and will need them to guide you on best choices

Back