First post, turbo build, not new to power (have a Gen 1)

upgradedbusa

Registered
Hi,

This is my first post and thought I'd say hey. I have an '05 Busa with 10,000 miles and decided to turbo it. I picked up an RCC kit but am doing some of my own touches to it to make it my own. I noticed that the stage one didn't come with a BOV which I am adding along with a bunch of A&N fittings.

Wondering if there are any big meets around for get a together as well.

I am not new to power as I also have a big horse power car.

:)

What's you're definition of high HP for your car?
Show us what ya got.
You building the motor on the bike?

What's you're definition of high HP for your car?
Show us what ya got.
You building the motor on the bike?

1036 RWHP

The bike, I am keeping the engine stock for now. It is low mileage so I bought a stage one. I am posting pics in a second.

Test here

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Re painted brakes

Cleared the bike over all of the stickers. (other than the sides until the turbo is finished.

Just test fitting where the BOV should go.

10955780_10153079325438735_6817982286372123578_o.jpg

This is when I first bought it. I lowered it only.

Picked up a few A&N fittings

10924593_10153058206838735_2080768156325845406_o.jpg

Wondering if there are any big meets around for get a together as well.

You need to tell us where you are if you want that question answered.

Nice looking Gen I bike.
Did you just get it? or had it awhile?
What did you use to paint the calipers?

Was the bike not fast enough - so you decided on a Turbo?

What car do you have with over 1K HP?

and :welcome:

You need to tell us where you are if you want that question answered.

Nice looking Gen I bike.
Did you just get it? or had it awhile?
What did you use to paint the calipers?

Was the bike not fast enough - so you decided on a Turbo?

What car do you have with over 1K HP?

and :welcome:

I'm in Vancouver Canada but would travel anyway.

I've had it for a while.
I would have to ask my painter about the calipers.
I also like doing things different so I wanted to turbo it. Ive had it a while.

I have a couple of Supras. Gen 3 has the big hp, Gen 4 has 406. I have driven 1600 miles one way to meets, so I don't mind. Hanging out, talking about other peoples passions is just awesome.

:)

7M powered by MoTeC

No, I don't run this roof rack on the car all of the time. LOL I drove 500 miles each way for this event and didn't ant my custom interior ruined. Wife takes everything when we travel.

I do have a question.

Running a PC reliable? If I am cruising in 100 degree weather, would I have to worry about knock? I may eventually run a stand alone but having a stage one is pretty much where I am staying. I just want reliability as I travel on road trips and want to punch it when ever I want.

This kit didn't come with a BOV or an intercooler either. I picked up a bov, just can't find a spot for an intercooler so I'll just leave that alone. It's a street bike so I would like to keep it somewhat subtle.

I do have a question.

Running a PC reliable? If I am cruising in 100 degree weather, would I have to worry about knock? I may eventually run a stand alone but having a stage one is pretty much where I am staying. I just want reliability as I travel on road trips and want to punch it when ever I want.

This kit didn't come with a BOV or an intercooler either. I picked up a bov, just can't find a spot for an intercooler so I'll just leave that alone. It's a street bike so I would like to keep it somewhat subtle.

You do not want to put the BOV on the side like that, unless you want to cut a giant hole in the side of the fairing and show it off. Do a search, look at pics, you will see where it fits without cutting fairings. Running a PC on a Stage One is fine, you will not have any issue if the bike is tuned right. Also, RCC has a great water-to-air intercooler that fits fine (the Ultra 1000 plenum).:laugh:

You do not want to put the BOV on the side like that, unless you want to cut a giant hole in the side of the fairing and show it off. Do a search, look at pics, you will see where it fits without cutting fairings. Running a PC on a Stage One is fine, you will not have any issue if the bike is tuned right. Also, RCC has a great water-to-air intercooler that fits fine (the Ultra 1000 plenum).:laugh:

I have it test mounted and there is no need to cut the faring for the BOV. :) I'll have to dig a pic of it. It sits pretty nice actually.

Thanks

I bought a PC from Richard and says it comes with a tune but for extra safety, I will have it dynoed to make sure all is well. :)

What heat range plugs is suggested? I forgot to ask.

Another HP addict, great, you will fit in great around here. Welcome to the org.

Addict? Never thought it that way. :laugh:

Thanks. Appreciate the warm welcome. Still in the process of putting everything together. It's going to turn out different more than what I've seen thus far. :)

I don't know turbos, but that one pipe looks as if it could melt plastic to me. Looks like a realy clean install though. I like it.:thumbsup:

I don't know turbos, but that one pipe looks as if it could melt plastic to me. Looks like a realy clean install though. I like it.:thumbsup:

The complete trim isn't done yet but I am not worried about any issues. It will have insulation on the faring side too.

looks awesome! why twin dump pipes? just for looks? also you said you were doing a twin exhaust? i reckon singles the go, i miss the sound of a 4 into 1. For me if i were turboing i'd have an exhaust too so that it looks more stock than just a short pipe out of the Turbo, keeps the cops at bay if it looks stock where im from. Will be following your progress :thumbsup:

Back