DME 6.50 pass

Super fast no doubt.

I haven't done all the math but the numbers just seem to be off a little to me.

6.509 = 225.03
6.557 = 196.85

0.048 = 28.18

So in less than 500 hundredths of a second (think of a cameras shutter) is over 28 mph difference?

If two guys were racing without timers, the average person would never guess, that one bike was 28 mph faster then the other one. ???

your talking about the finals. the video.
It was a bar bike vs non bar bike. the bar bike gets all of its e.t. in the sixty and up to the 1/8th. I have not seen the time slips, but I bet the bar bike was barely ahead at the 1/8th. Non bar bike probably has a lot more hp and is a lot lighter. Passes the bar bike with a lot more mph on the top end.

the bar bike had the traction advantage clearly due to the car tire slick,,,the dme bike had only the bike 7" slick,,so the car tire bike can et better without the mph. The dme bike is making more power basically because it had to if not it more than likely couldn't out et the car tire bike.
Super fast no doubt.

I haven't done all the math but the numbers just seem to be off a little to me.

6.509 = 225.03
6.557 = 196.85

0.048 = 28.18

So in less than 500 hundredths of a second (think of a cameras shutter) is over 28 mph difference?

If two guys were racing without timers, the average person would never guess, that one bike was 28 mph faster then the other one. ???

your talking about the finals. the video.
It was a bar bike vs non bar bike. the bar bike gets all of its e.t. in the sixty and up to the 1/8th. I have not seen the time slips, but I bet the bar bike was barely ahead at the 1/8th. Non bar bike probably has a lot more hp and is a lot lighter. Passes the bar bike with a lot more mph on the top end.
I was gonna say the barred bike looked at least a bike out at the 1/8th

He went 227 the pass before that. I wonder what size turbo is on that bike lol.

I would bet money it's just a standard 35r.

Can't wait to see the prostreet guys get this fast. They run less wheelbase and a dot tire, not a flat slick.

Cut and paste from eatmyink.com. posted on facebook.

The DME rental bike that Ehren Litten rode this year has been stretched to 75 inches, fitted with a bigger turbo and shod with a small slick, as per Arabian League rules. Joey Gladstone ran 6.71 at a whopping 224 mph on the bike. Look out Mishari al-Turki! Ronnie Mitchell's "Frenchy" has been similarly transformed. UPDATE: Gladstone tied Mishari's world record ET of 6.62 in E1 of Pro Open, then lowered the record to a 6.55 and finally a 6.509 with a top speed of 227 mph. That speed is higher than anything ever on 2 wheels burning anything other than nitro. Tim Hailey's EatMyInk

Cut and paste from eatmyink.com. posted on facebook.

The DME rental bike that Ehren Litten rode this year has been stretched to 75 inches, fitted with a bigger turbo and shod with a small slick, as per Arabian League rules. Joey Gladstone ran 6.71 at a whopping 224 mph on the bike. Look out Mishari al-Turki! Ronnie Mitchell's "Frenchy" has been similarly transformed. UPDATE: Gladstone tied Mishari's world record ET of 6.62 in E1 of Pro Open, then lowered the record to a 6.55 and finally a 6.509 with a top speed of 227 mph. That speed is higher than anything ever on 2 wheels burning anything other than nitro. Tim Hailey's EatMyInk

Maybe someone can educate me because I just don't see how these numbers make sense.

6.71 = 224 quoted from above.

Then

6.509 = 227 also from above.

so over .2 (2 tenth's) equals only 3mph?

yet in my post way above - .048 equaled over 28mph.

I don't know how this can be. ???

Can anyone explain in detail how ¼ mile times are calculated?
Is it based solely on time traveled to reach 1320 feet? or are there other variables?
Also isn't the bike still accelerating at the ¼ mile mark?

Thanks to anyone that can take the time to explain this. In English :please:

I was talking to dme about spacers and asked whatsize turbo and it's not that huge just bigger than pro street spec. As far as mph you can't get to hung up on that. Mph won't always reflect ET.

trap speed is driven by HP. lower E/T's are the results of a good driver, track prep, tires, tune, suspension. a race is usually won or lost in the first 60 feet. for every tenth gained in the sixty foot results in a gain of 1.5 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

MPH is a very good indicator of HP/weight. Id rather hav a higher MPH than a lower ET. its easier to improve your launch than to create more HP.....:poke:

ET refers to who is the quickest not the fastest. the fastest bike isn't always the quickest bike. its about traction and how fast ur power comes on. MPH just refers to who was the fastest. u cud be REAL fast but if u spun the first 50 feet u aint gettn to the line the fastest although u cud make up quite a bit of MPH out the back half. thats why the say "spinning aint winning".

Maybe someone can educate me because I just don't see how these numbers make sense.

6.71 = 224 quoted from above.

Then

6.509 = 227 also from above.

so over .2 (2 tenth's) equals only 3mph?

yet in my post way above - .048 equaled over 28mph.

I don't know how this can be. ???

Can anyone explain in detail how ¼ mile times are calculated?
Is it based solely on time traveled to reach 1320 feet? or are there other variables?
Also isn't the bike still accelerating at the ¼ mile mark?

Thanks to anyone that can take the time to explain this. In English :please:

trap speed is driven by HP. lower E/T's are the results of a good driver, track prep, tires, tune, suspension. a race is usually won or lost in the first 60 feet. for every tenth gained in the sixty foot results in a gain of 1.5 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

MPH is a very good indicator of HP/weight. Id rather hav a higher MPH than a lower ET. its easier to improve your launch than to create more HP.....:poke:

ET refers to who is the quickest not the fastest. the fastest bike isn't always the quickest bike. its about traction and how fast ur power comes on. MPH just refers to who was the fastest. u cud be REAL fast but if u spun the first 50 feet u aint gettn to the line the fastest although u cud make up quite a bit of MPH out the back half. thats why the say "spinning aint winning".

OK I guess we (you guys) need to start at the beginning.
I have been on a track but have never raced down a track.
I would like to learn more as one day I would like to try that.

but it would really help if I totally understood what was what.

ET does that mean End Time, Especially Talented, As fast as the alien named ET, Excelled Tornado, or something related to racing.

So quickest is the shortest time?
And fastest is the highest MPH?

Yet how can the numbers be so different.
Are the times on the scoreboard calculated using the 60 foot time and then the eighth mile time and then the quarter mile time?
Or do those have no bearing on the ET. So explain how a .048 amount of time can equal a 28 mph difference and a .201 time can equal only 3 mph.
Is that the difference between someone spinning their wheel vs someone not?

So in racing the idea is to take off as fast as possible and NOT spin your wheel, right?

So in a nut shell, when you see 2 times very close to each other but the MPH is far apart -
Does that mean one guy spun his wheel more then the other guy?

Sorry I'm so uneducated on this subject - But if anyone is willing to teach me I'm will to learn and soak it in. Thanks GNBRETT.

ET is Elapsed Time.

yes quickest is just that the quickest time. think of it this way ur at the starting line and take off to trip the timer and you spin ur tire for 100 feet for example ur still goin fast once u hook up but the other bike kept goin and reached a maximum speed of say 120 mph. u too will reach 120 mph before u trip the light likely but obviously it took you much longer to get there.

the time is calculated from point A to point B. the timer doesn't know what ur 60 foot is. it records from the time u trip the beginning light till u trip the end light.

some say .1 in the 60 is worth .2 in the 1/4. IDN maybe? that car tire with bar will crush a 190 tire in traction and therefore 60 foot way quicker. a drag race isn't about HP or MPH its about ET. but that HP with good traction is hard to beat. many less HP bikes go way quicker then high HP bikes that don't have their chassis in order.

watch the video again see how that big tire bar bike shoots out ahead of him instantly. he's like 50-60 feet ahead instantly but that DME bike has the power to overcome the disadvantage of traction.

thats a nitrous bike. turbo bikes back half better which is where they pick up their MPH. u can clearly see in the video the bar bike is hauling ass and he was quick but the turbo bike was hooking very well too and the HP advantage got him down the track quicker AND faster.

but the turbo bike was only quicker at the very end. that bar bike was ahead most of the race so you see how traction helps get u there quicker so u don't need as much MPH. thats why there is such a difference in MPH but ET is very close.

OK I guess we (you guys) need to start at the beginning.
I have been on a track but have never raced down a track.
I would like to learn more as one day I would like to try that.

but it would really help if I totally understood what was what.

ET does that mean End Time, Especially Talented, As fast as the alien named ET, Excelled Tornado, or something related to racing.

So quickest is the shortest time?
And fastest is the highest MPH?

Yet how can the numbers be so different.
Are the times on the scoreboard calculated using the 60 foot time and then the eighth mile time and then the quarter mile time?
Or do those have no bearing on the ET. So explain how a .048 amount of time can equal a 28 mph difference and a .201 time can equal only 3 mph.
Is that the difference between someone spinning their wheel vs someone not?

So in racing the idea is to take off as fast as possible and NOT spin your wheel, right?

So in a nut shell, when you see 2 times very close to each other but the MPH is far apart -
Does that mean one guy spun his wheel more then the other guy?

Sorry I'm so uneducated on this subject - But if anyone is willing to teach me I'm will to learn and soak it in. Thanks GNBRETT.

Back