hayabusa turbo build

bigblack

Registered
Building me a turbo kit for my brothers busa but needing some advice on what size and exhaust housings. It will be street raced so it needs to spool fast and be a deadly bike Any ideas

My advice would be to get with Powerhouse or Boosted Cycles seeing how they are sponsors on here and sell RCC turbo kits. No guess work no trial n error :whistle:

Not entirely sure on the the sizing. There's alot that goes into determining turbo operating efficiency. If your trieng to piece a kit together I recommend doing a ton of research. But I would al so recommend getting in touch with the sponsors 1busa recommended. Are you going to be doing rolls on or a dead stop? What power level are you looking for

sure..... either a GTX3071 or 3076 with a .82 exh. id go 3076. will make about as much hp as the GT35 did and spool up much quicker.

best bet wud be to have Richard at RCC build you a twin scroll header and then buy a twin scroll GTX3076. they make a twin scroll in that size now. they didn't use to but do now. I only know one place that offers it tho.

sure..... either a GTX3071 or 3076 with a .82 exh. id go 3076. will make about as much hp as the GT35 did and spool up much quicker.

best bet wud be to have Richard at RCC build you a twin scroll header and then buy a twin scroll GTX3076. they make a twin scroll in that size now. they didn't use to but do now. I only know one place that offers it tho.

Do you know what rpm the turbo goes positive? J.w Cuz I'm interested in a super ultra but think it would be too large for a dd????

Do you know what rpm the turbo goes positive? J.w Cuz I'm interested in a super ultra but think it would be too large for a dd????
well that wud depend on what uve done to the motor. valves, heads, cams gen 1 gen 2 etc... I wud think around 3500-4000 tho.

remember the GT40r kit has a twin scroll header and will spool up faster then the GT35 single entry wud. with heads and cams the GT40r shud spool up pretty quick. not like a GTX3071/76 wud but the 40r will make more peak power. I will certainly let u know cause thats wat I'm gonna do to mine over the winter.

New To Turbos

I'm looking into a turbo for my '00 Busa. All I got now is a PC3 on it and the rest is stock... It's a project I want to work on over the winter months, and I was thinking of the RCC Stage 1 (mostly for show and a little racing). My goal is a nice show bike that also can get me into the 200+ club on the Texas Mile... What all will I need? Also, if I want to make more power will I be able to use the same kit and change out the turbo for a bigger one or will I need a whole new kit?

*go easy on me I'm new to the turbo game.*

Go to the Turbo section of the forum and start reading the threads......... That's a good place to get up to speed

Back