What tire is everyone running these days?

juissed

Registered
I picked up a set of carbon wheels and need to throw some tires on them.

I used to run the shinko hookup for track, Q3 on street with my stage 1 setup, but my new build is a little more extreme. :laugh:

Tire life isn't a concern.

Would prefer something that isn't death if I get caught in the rain.

I run pilot road 3 stage 1. Didn't realize these are NOT for racing. No problems so far. I will get a dedicated rear tire for the strip, if I ever make it.

Thanks for the input, but I dont think the road3 is quite what I'm looking for.

I know there are a handful of 500+ hp bikes on here.. what tires are you running? :)

A Lot of Drag bikes run Shinko's or Power 1's but I heard they are hard 2 come bye these days...

I've switched to a Power 1 from the Shinko hookup. hav not used the power 1 yet tho. waitn to get bike tuned then try it out. it came with some rims I bought lucky me. brand new with sticker still on tire. I wud put a WTB on psychobike and pay a little more then retail and try the power 1.

why Michelin wud stop makn such a popular tire is a mystery to me. but if u can't locate the power 1 the hookup worked great for me on the street. if it hooks liked velcro on the crappy street so it will hook at the track.

last year I made 330 hp. this year I will be makn closer to 400 on pump gas maybe more IDN and around 600 on C16 but I have a small exhaust housing on it so not sure what the peak hp will be so I'm anxious to try it out myself. pretty much anyone I know makn big power on the street says nothn hooks better. track as well.

as far as the rain goes I can't comment on that. never rode turbo bike in rain but id say either the power 1 or the hookup wud suk balls in the rain and id be goin pretty slo but ur gonna need somthn that hooks if ur planing on running big power on the street ull need a sticky tire.

ur not gonna find a tire that does it all. the power 1 is prob the closest ur gonna get but no way r u gonna find a tire sticky enough to grab wen makn big power and yet still be safe in rain. there essentially drag radial tires that just happen to last a pretty long time. had drag radial tires on my turbo regal makn big power and no f-en way wud I go hard in the rain with them. like a skating ring across the hi way. these wud be no different under hard acceleration

Back