Super Ultra with Motec M84

mysticblu999

Registered
So I've been getting questions about my build. It's on the the other forum just not this one. I'll update it as the build progresses

This winter I'm going to do a Super Ultra build the way I think it should be. I not holding back either. The main idea is to build a street bike, that will runs 7s in the 1/4, 250 in the 1 mile, and still streetable. The motor has already been built by MCBUSA. I'm not about to do this build with a piggy back controller and a bunch of gauges cluttering up my dash. I mean hell, my bike already has like 6 boxes or more and a rats nest for wiring. Since you really only need 4 injectors (if you have good electronics) there is absolutely no need for secondaries and piggy back fuel controller. I'm sick and tired of hooking my laptop up to different boxes to just do one thing. Why can't you have 1 box that does everything, one interface to control with a laptop, and one set of gauges. I'm going to show you how its done, with the help of MCBUSA, Richard, Cecil, and who ever else might help me out.

Major list of mods

RCC Super Ultra kit (no secondaries or microtech)
Garret GT4088
Motec M84 pnp kit
Digital dash (AIM Sports, Racepak, Motec dash, haven't decided yet)
NLR sim
McIntosh 10" to 4" over arm ( critical adjustment for drag and lsr)
Rock Solid clutch
Catalyst Composites Gen 2 plastic
Air tech tail section.

That my not look like a long list, but there are many small things I don't feel like mentioning. I am going to post plenty of pics when the parts start rolling in. I have already ordered the Motec and Richard is working on the Turbo kit. I have sent my old stage 2 kit in to Richard for credit. He will be redoing it, and putting it up for sale if some one wants it. I made 412rwhp with it. Here are some pics of the bike now.

Here is my "Blu-sa" 412rwhp RCC stage 2

20120620_191400.jpg

20120620_191447.jpg

20120620_191440.jpg

And here it is after I take off all the damn boxes and old turbo. This is what it looks like now.

20130102_210419.jpg

I'll post more pics, when parts start rolling in.

Richard sent me so pics of the turbo kit. Notice he wrote mysticblue on the pipe, so you know its mine! LMAO

Turbo should be here Wednesday, then its off to MCBUSA's shop.

superultra6_zps2472219a.jpg

superultra5_zps1e9cf59d.jpg

superultra4_zps2a78c66f.jpg

superultra3_zps98ba3a29.jpg

superultra2_zps8dcc6737.jpg

superultra1_zps63150c03.jpg

will that totally replace the stock computer?

if so do you have experience in setting up the circuits and sensor values so all the parts can talk to each other? from what I have heard the motec is a great system provided you can set it up...based on f1 / some guys that have gone to tech type elec schools

hows the spool-up on that 4088? are u going BB? seems awful big for a street bike. it would be a little smaller then a 6765 which would be decent size turbo on a V6 Turbo Car. Lotta Supra and Turbo Buick guys run 6765.

and how does the Motec work with an airshifter setup as far as the coils go?

Thanks everyone! I know everyone like a build thread with lots of pics, so I felt the need to contribute.

The 4088 actually spools faster than a 35r, so I'm not worried about lag. The motec is one awesome piece. It does everything. Replaces the factory ecu, 2 step, shift cut, boost control, precise fuel and ignition control, it just does everything. Once you factor in everything it does, and you buy all the other boxes it would take to do it, you could have bought one. I am also going with a AIM Sports digital dash so I can one clean dash without the need for gauges that get in the way and often break. Motec includes a base map, plus its plug in play. Richard also has a base map for it so it will be even easier. I really have no clue as to why more people doesn't use this. If it does a good job at boost control I will likely ditch the AMS1000.

Thanks everyone! I know everyone like a build thread with lots of pics, so I felt the need to contribute.

The 4088 actually spools faster than a 35r, so I'm not worried about lag. The motec is one awesome piece. It does everything. Replaces the factory ecu, 2 step, shift cut, boost control, precise fuel and ignition control, it just does everything. Once you factor in everything it does, and you buy all the other boxes it would take to do it, you could have bought one. I am also going with a AIM Sports digital dash so I can one clean dash without the need for gauges that get in the way and often break. Motec includes a base map, plus its plug in play. Richard also has a base map for it so it will be even easier. I really have no clue as to why more people doesn't use this. If it does a good job at boost control I will likely ditch the AMS1000.
I think im gonna look into one of the Motec's then. their like $4g's right? what about sensors? how much are they and how many do u need?

why did u decide on the AIM dash vs. the Racepack? I really like the AIM dash. I would love to lose the AMS as well. lookn forward to seeing how this pans out for you. should be an 11 second bike all day long.....:whistle::laugh:

HTP has them on sale right now for $3500. The kit also reuses all your factory sensors so that save some money. You will need a map sensor, I think. It comes with a o2 sensor, and wheel speed sensor though. I have always loved the racepak dash and always wanted one, but I am keeping this bike "street" and the racepak does not have ODO, speedo, fuel light, you know street stuff like that. The AIM does. I'm really not sure if the boost control is going to be worth much, so I'm not sure if the AMS 1000 will come off or not. We'll see soon enough.

Yes hoping for at least an 11 sec 1/4 :please: :laugh:

Oh and GNbrett I know it kills the ignition though the motec itself, but not sure as to the specifics yet.

ok. yea thats what I was thinkn about the Racepack as far as not having a fuel gauge, speedo, etc.... thanx. I think the AIM looks just as good tho.:thumbsup: hmmmm $3500 huh? I really hate this forum:banghead: too many ideas here....:laugh:

Yeah, I had that much in the Microtech, AEM data logger, AMS1000, 2 Step, ignition kill, I had on it, plus it was a pain to change anything or do anything really, and a rats nest for wires going EVERYWHERE!

IMO the racepak looks better, and so does the motec, just not street worthy.

Don't come in here throwing your money around... :poke: :laugh:

:rofl:

Now that that's out of the way,...I'm really looking forward to your Motec results. :thumbsup:

If I ever need to go to a bigger Turbo, I think I may run that setup. Haven't maxed out the Stage-2 Turbo yet but we'll see... :whistle:

Don't come in here throwing your money around... :poke: :laugh:

:rofl:

Now that that's out of the way,...I'm really looking forward to your Motec results. :thumbsup:

If I ever need to go to a bigger Turbo, I think I may run that setup. Haven't maxed out the Stage-2 Turbo yet but we'll see... :whistle:

That reminds me, I need to get some rear sets :laugh:

Back