Source for Curved Intercooler Cores?

WickedMoto

Registered
I am having a very difficult time finding any sources for air-to-air intercooler cores that are curved to match the radiator curve....Where is everyone getting theirs?

This cores you get by MC-Xpress in sweden.
The price include swedish tax is SEK 6000, tax free SEK4800
that should be round about $ 720.

If you don´t find some in the states you can contact
Erik at info@mcx.se !

IMG_2887.jpg

Erik at info@mcx.se !

Wow they get alot of money for those! And that price doesn't include end tanks or does it come as pictured? I may have to have some US companies do some bending of some straight ones....

I would have sworn that nlr had some on their page but for the life of me I cannot find them anymore

the Core is very good quality .......... as you maby see - it is to long, the next one - and the final mesurments - will be 25 mm shorter on each both ends - so it will fit 100% in the fairing after the Tanks are welded on. I am not making them myself - got a company making them for me. Will be nice to get 5 together -
He is a pic from my new Projekt with that cooler - Super Charged B-King ..

intercooler bking.jpg

Erik at info@mcx.se !

I had such an intercooler.

The front wheel is sometimes hurt him, even if the fork tubes to push as far as possible.

And when you turn the steering, the lower yoke rested against the pipe. I had to remake it. So do the pipe fork dent in the photo.

I know for sure about the fitting from intercoolers ......... here is a Pic from a Mc Xpress one that is going on a Turbo GEN 1 Busa , - had to overwork it, so the upper forks and front tire does not hit that thing... The new cooler cores are a bit thinner, every mm helps alot. I also put in stronger forksprings + push the fork down to max in the trippel tree..... got a many Turbo Bikes here runnig with Mc Xpress coolers - think I had every one in Germany in my shop to do the work on the cooler .. ..
this first one is for sale .. 350€ 19% Tax will go off for shipping outer EU countrys...

turbo-zahnrad 030.jpg

now available - got the First cooler that will fit 100%. Enough room for both Tanks, a little shorter than the Watercooler - better room for the front tire, 40mm thick. The first + last cool ripp is no cooler -rip - for Better Welding for the upper mount - had always problems before because of the thickness ( cracks ..leaks )

cooler new.jpg

cooler 2.jpg

cooler 3.jpg

cooler 4.jpg

now available - got the First cooler that will fit 100%. Enough room for both Tanks, a little shorter than the Watercooler - better room for the front tire, 40mm thick. The first + last cool ripp is no cooler -rip - for Better Welding for the upper mount - had always problems before because of the thickness ( cracks ..leaks )

This cooler is looking pretty good and obviously you have been spending a lot of time making it work.

Have you actually tested it setup in a busa yet ? I would be interested to see how it holds up in terms of reliability and fitment.

Are you planning on selling these eventually...any ideas how much they would be?

I can appreciate the engineering in your design... very good work .........:thumbsup:

Look in Post number 11 --- I am not making them myself - got a company making them for me. Will be nice to get 5 together -

Have you actually tested it setup in a busa yet ?
Yes, one is in my GEN 2 Super charged Busa...........
The next is going in a Supercharged B-King

I would be interested to see how it holds up in terms of reliability and fitment.
That will be problem - the core itself is much better in Air flow as the other one ... The first rip is very stable, for the mounting brackets ist the Alu very solid.
and as you see - there is now much room for the side Tanks.

Are you planning on selling these eventually...any ideas how much they would be?
They are already in my shop. I hoped that I could get 5 together for a much better price....

I can appreciate the engineering in your design... very good work .........
WEll, I did alot of E-Mailing , measureing , and Hours on the phone ...... to get this one OK for fitting ... All Because I could not get a bented core anywere in the world for -less - $$$$$$ .. ....

Thanks for the update and yes now I see you have a company helping make the coolers for you.

I know Erik in Sweden had one of the originals for sale (as you stated above) for about 350€...
I'm interested to know if you have any idea as to what price this new design cooler is going to cost when you manage to get 5 of these coolers in your shop.
I may wish to be one of these potential buyers.

We found a source and ordered 5 pre-bent intercoolers....they aren't here yet so we will see how they come out. Sizing on the core will be 320Lx220Wx50T and we will be using them on a '06 Turbo GSXR750, '08 Turbo R6, and a '08 Turbo Busa....I will give feedback and let you know how they work out....might be a nice source to locate these from here on out.

the 50mm thick will be too much i think
I have a 30mm thick intercooler here we removed from a bike to convert to a water/air cooler just because it interfered too much , and that was on a busa, the gix will be so much tighter

Looks like Kojaks cores are 20-25mm ??

Back