phew, is this ever gonna end

arthur39

Registered
diy turbo projects are definately tough, final assembly is one obsticle to the next, finally got the up pipe finished, real happy with the way the fairing went on, no cutting at all, 2 busa fans with muzzy blades on as well, cant see the up pipe in the fairing :beerchug:, (got lucky there) just kept it as tight as possible during the build, keeping the "stealth" theme going, working on the gauges next, got the glow shift gauges and the digital lc-1 with black bezels, to keep the gauges hidden, while "asleep"

new.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

will do with more pics, next weekend, got some time off the week of xmas, so gonna try for marathon then if it isn't too cold, it has a full exhaust, dump tied in, (thanks to Chris) with a Micron can

here's a pic before I finished the up pipe, after pic I cut and welded a tight radius 90 and a couple of mitred straights to the intake. I used a silicone coupler to join the 2. I clocked the turbo slightly back toward the engine ( had to do some grinding on the sleeve to the ram air to bring the charge pipe closer to the frame. Worked well. I added on to the intake because I didn't want the coupler so close to the header.

upload.jpg

here's a few more pics of the exhaust side of the bike, oxygen sensor goes to lc-1/ ssi-4, and xd-16 gauge, the Micron Can sits quite a bit higher after the mounts and straps were installed, there was room for two Busa fans as seen, Right now I am doing all the electronics, have a power commander, ecu flasher, innovate tuners kit, digital boost and turbo gauge, wiring coming together as well as the plumbing for fueling, getting close now.
engine mods consist of:
undercut trans, billet shift shafts, spacer, studs, cometic gasket, adjustable cam on intake side ( timing numbers were around 105intake 107 exhaust, hd springs, slave support, high volume oil pump. This is for a reliable stage one 7.25 spring on external gate.

exhaust.jpg

can.jpg

tial.jpg

plenum.jpg

Back