Just wanted to show you my new air filter (pics)

mysticblu999

Registered
I had one of those small air filters that came with the RCC kit. It was crushed, covered in grease, and needed replaced. I never wanted one of the big filters because I drag my dump pipes on occasion. I found this K&N RR3002 blue trim ring and all. Its 5" long. I thought it came out pretty good.

8a1845ff.jpg

731ea55e.jpg

IF the filter element was blue,......it would almost be invisible!!:beerchug:

Make sure the bottom side of that little "inner cone" is not protruding into the inlet of the turbo. If it is even close to the inlet by a half inch it will kill a ton of power. Yours may be long enough but I had a little short filter with the inner cone and the back side of the cone was 1/2" from the inlet of the turbo and the bike was down 50hp at all boost levels and we couldn't figure out why until we pulled the filter.

Just giving you a heads up to check it.

Make sure the bottom side of that little "inner cone" is not protruding into the inlet of the turbo. If it is even close to the inlet by a half inch it will kill a ton of power. Yours may be long enough but I had a little short filter with the inner cone and the back side of the cone was 1/2" from the inlet of the turbo and the bike was down 50hp at all boost levels and we couldn't figure out why until we pulled the filter.

Just giving you a heads up to check it.

Thank you everyone for the compliments!

@ZXALAN I know you've had about every problem in the world with your bike so you would be perfect to ask this. My bike was mapped really fat by themotorhead, as soon as I got it one I went for a test ride. It seemed to run better, really good actually. It pulled the front wheel off the ground easier than normal. Will I need a retune, or you think it will be ok?

Thank you everyone for the compliments!

@ZXALAN I know you've had about every problem in the world with your bike so you would be perfect to ask this. My bike was mapped really fat by themotorhead, as soon as I got it one I went for a test ride. It seemed to run better, really good actually. It pulled the front wheel off the ground easier than normal. Will I need a retune, or you think it will be ok?
I'm sure your tune is probably still fine. There won't be much difference if any between the air filters as long as you don't have the issue I mentioned above with the inner cone plugging up the inlet of the turbo.

Ofcourse the only way to know for sure is throw it up on a dyno and make a pull just to check the air/fuel ratio. A better investment would be to add a good AFR gauge/wideband. You are probably ok though. Just always use the highest pump gas octane you can get and get it from busy, mainstream stations like Shell, Texaco, Valero, exxon.

Back