opinions needed

benchmstr

Registered
i have a 03 hayabusa that is pretty much stock. i am only going to use this bike for long hauls, pissing off my neighbors every once in awhile, and racing sometimes.

i dont ride it everyday cause thats what my cbr, and 929 are for.

i am looking at getting a rcc stage 1 kit and just leaving it at 6lbs, but was still thinking of getting some forged slugs, and rods. does anyone really think i need the pistons and rods? i am pretty hard on my bikes, so thats why i ask.

i had a 2004 zx10 with a velocity turbo, and countless turbo cars so i am not totally clueless. i just need some more input, cause i have the tendency to throw away money!!!!

bench

heavy clutch springs a must if you are hard on it .080 spacer a must pistons are extra security optional but since you have it open. adj.cam sprockets and a grate tune and your good to go:beerchug:

If you keep it at 6lb you will be fine, but most likely you will not leave it at 6lb. If you have the money plan for the future.

I would put a spacer and head studs for security reasons but you should be fine with a stock motor.

I would put a spacer and head studs for security reasons but you should be fine with a stock motor.

if you put a spacer in a motor and run only 6psi it will be an absolute dog. It will be nothing compared to a stocker until above 6k rpms. That would be a terrible street bike.

I have an '03 with RCC Stage 1 also.With stock compression watch any top end runs,through the gears is fine but don't stay WOT for long in 6th unless you have some good gas(we have that ****ty 91 octane out here in CA and even though i never hammered it for a long period ended up melting 3 pistons after 3,000 miles even with a fairly fat A/FR of around 11.8).Just had the motor rebuilt with new bearings,pistons,valves(some signs of detonation)and also had the head ported.We ran a double base gasket to drop the compression a few 10'ths and mapped it at 11.4 A/FR so should be ok.Even at 108 degree temp. on 91 octane made 261 hp,which if you're used to a stocker will get your attention.Also added an A/FR ratio monitor so i can keep an eye on it.

Have fun,
Jeff

I have an '03 with RCC Stage 1 also.With stock compression watch any top end runs,through the gears is fine but don't stay WOT for long in 6th unless you have some good gas(we have that ****ty 91 octane out here in CA and even though i never hammered it for a long period ended up melting 3 pistons after 3,000 miles even with a fairly fat A/FR of around 11.8).Just had the motor rebuilt with new bearings,pistons,valves(some signs of detonation)and also had the head ported.We ran a double base gasket to drop the compression a few 10'ths and mapped it at 11.4 A/FR so should be ok.Even at 108 degree temp. on 91 octane made 261 hp,which if you're used to a stocker will get your attention.Also added an A/FR ratio monitor so i can keep an eye on it.

Have fun,
Jeff

I am betting you run a dump pipe

Have fun,
Jeff

and I am betting you had more than 91 octane in the tank when you made 261 rwhp or it would be fried.

Dumps and 91 octane.
IMG_0225.jpg

If you run them hard or atleast have the tendency then i would suggest a spacer and studs. I would also always run 93 octane and stay out of the WOT top end for sure.

Back