Thread: Anyone know

MET
    The Watcher
    Images

I think it was 1992 on a Triumph. i may have the year wrong. it was about 250mph. What the heck were they running in power and plastic?

That was Jon Minnono riding the Big D Triumph/Ed Mabry 2000cc "Double-Triple" Pushrod-operated Triumph open-wheel motorcycle. *Last Bonneville mile speed of 252+MPH, with an exit speed of 256+MPH.

That was, and still is the fastest open-wheel motorcycle to run anywhere in the world. *Faster then me, faster then The Speed King, faster then The New Speed King, Faster then Lee Shierts on the Rich Yancy #8 Busa. Faster even than Wayne Pollack!

The bike was basicly a pair of late 60's/early 70's triumph 750 "triples" bored out to about 1000cc each. *Old Harley 3-speeed transmission, old Harley fairing, Big D seat. *One(1) turbo and alcohol fuel, custom frame and a BIG car tire in the back.

I saw that run in person, and it was the most impressive open-wheel run I have ever seen at Bonneville. *It was as impressive as when I watched Lee Shierts run 250 MPH in October (I was at the starting line for that run). *Maybe more impressive 'cause it was about 12 years ago, and with such "low tech" equipment.

After more then a decade, it is still "the mark" thaqt everybody is after!
    The Sultan of Speed
    241 MPH @ MAXTON (TURBO BUSA)
    258 MPH @ BONNEVILLE (1000cc car)
    OVER 200 MPH TIME SLIPS ON 9 DIFFERENT BIKES

MET
    The Watcher
    Images

Wow that is something!!!....

New Recruit

He's still the man to beat..
    SURPASSED THE SPEED KING