I want to see how fast it'll go?

MR Felt

Registered
I've owned my 2006 for 4 years , I just put on some PR4's and I want to try a top end run. What safety Mods/'Procedures should I do to the bike? People needed for support? I'm in Phoenix and I also need to identify a stretch of pavement to attempt this.
Basically stock bike, Yosh complete system, air box mod, power commander, +2 in the rear. I'm an old guy in my 50"s.

Flat out on your Busa is probably just a shade more thrilling than flat out on your old Husky 500XC across the desert. In my humble opinion, you sir are well prepared.

That rating is for EXTENDED speeds not momentary ones. A W Tire won't come apart if you just want to a Top Speed test. Look at it as "Cruising" speed ratings, rather than a momentary thing.

To actually do this, will require a pretty decent stretch of road. A closed track is my recommendation. However not everyone has a track they can use. Ideally with a few helpers. One behind you, one at the end of your run, and one cruising the other direction. Looking for traffic and PoPo, and all being able to communicate with one another. You have lots and lots of open roads out in your desert, just find a place less traveled. Find one that has no or few side roads to preclude traffic entering onto it. If it has sides roads, have a helper at these to advise of any side entering traffic.

I promise, you will eat up a LOT of road at these speeds. You have to look at what is a half mile ahead to prepare for it, because that will be upon you in no time.

It won't take long to hit top speed, but its hard to find a road that you can do it on. 187mph is basically a football field a second.

Yes you can do it by yourself, but be advised, you will probably end up in jail if you get spotted and you stop. If you don't stop you better have somewhere to go. Otherwise you may need Z rated tires to find the next state.

Be sure and use a GPS,, speedo will lie big time at higher speeds,,also +2R will drop you down a good little bit from stock, I'm 59 and have seen 175 GPS verified,, at those speeds you can only see about a 3" circle of vision in front of you,,, be safe and good luck,, :thumbsup:

Back