highest mileage tire.

last tire is beyond toasted. Most people on this board would have nightmares if they saw it.

Its winter time. Railing is over. Wheelies and stunts are over. I would like the longest lasting tires I can find. I normally log 10-15,000 miles+ from now till April. It is also too cold to be changing tires constantly.

What tire and who has the best deal on them?

I got over 8,000 on a rear Pilot Road and so far, after 6,000 on a PR2 I'm very happy with it. Long center tread life but with great cornering ability. Cost a bit more but not having to change it so soon should make up the difference.

I got over 8,000 on a rear Pilot Road and so far, after 6,000 on a PR2 I'm very happy with it. Long center tread life but with great cornering ability. Cost a bit more but not having to change it so soon should make up the difference.

I checked storms, pilot roads, Conti attacks...pretty much within $20 of each other.

I have Corsa's out back...but this time of the year, they'd be a waste and might last 2,000 miles at best.

My best advice is to look around on the ST boards as well. Those guys are the ones who review all the high mileage tires all the time. Just keep in mind that no two riders will have exactly the same perspective because we all ride differently, weigh more/less etc. so take the info with a grain of salt.

Metzeler Z6
Avon Storm
Pirelli Strada
Dunlop Roadsmart
Bridgestone BT021
Continental Road Attack (or Force)

i use the Pirelli Strada for my all-around tire when i am commuting and/or just cruising around...pretty good cold/wet weather traction and i'm getting about 6700 miles with me weighing in at 285 plus gear and sometimes carrying a Ventura luggage system on the back...i usually get my tires at sandhills powersports

i use the Pirelli Strada for my all-around tire when i am commuting and/or just cruising around...pretty good cold/wet weather traction and i'm getting about 6700 miles with me weighing in at 285 plus gear and sometimes carrying a Ventura luggage system on the back...i usually get my tires at sandhills powersports

is that running them to the wear bars or the cords?

I am a big fan of the Conti Road Attacks (even with the short riding time I have on them).

Continental-ContiRoadAttack.jpg

My last set of Continental tires (not Attacks) got me about 12,000 miles, but i was still doing the occasional rolling burnout at the time. Another guy at the shop picked up my old rear tire and put another 2-3,000 on it before he bought himself some new tires.

is that running them to the wear bars or the cords?

wear bars...i've put a couple hundred more on since then, i've got a new tire sitting at the house but haven't had a chance to get it put on yet, just been running easy and checking for cords very often :laugh:

I'm runnin the bt-016 and so far I love it. I have about 1500-2000 on it so far and can't even tell if it's worn at all. But yet, still has phenominal grip. I love it. In case you don't know, it's the fairly new tripple compound from bridgestone. Fairly hard in the center and very soft on the sides to promote even tire wear and longer life, along with excelent performance.

bt21. lasts me 6000 + miles. good twistie and affordable price. But from what I hear about storms, I'm gonna try that next time.

Back