Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20

crash13

Registered
Just tried to research about this tire in this forums with no results on it. Has anyone had any experience with this particular tire on a Gen2 yet? If so please speak on it as I'm very interested in its performance in cornering and wear on hwy mileage. Due to the weight of the bike and the power that it puts down, I'm curious how this tire performs. I've read where they have tested on 600 to Liter size bikes but nothing on anything the size of a Busa. If possible broken down as in frt and rear tires.:please:

As for my riding, I do a 105 mile hwy round trip per day, 5 days a week and tend to head to the mtns for a little lean action in the twisties at least once a month.
I ride an 2011 Hayabusa all stock. I just stepped up from a k7 gsxr 600 that I was getting used too.

Thanks for any input.:thumbsup:

They came as the OEM tire on my CBR. I like them so far. I can tell you that they are soft and sticky with really good feedback at street speeds. I don't think they will last long on a heavier/torquey Busa.

Competition Accessories has them for about $250 a set. The 190-55 is actually less $ than the 190-50:dunno:

I just bought a set for 220 shipped....I figured Id give them a shot, atleast then I can give them an honest review

These will be my next set. For the type of riding you are doing, I would recommend the Pirelli angels.

They are a very sticky tire and they give really good feedback. Mileage is comparable to a Bridgestone 003. Don't expect over 2K out of a rear, especially on the heavyweight Busa.

Just order the rear tire and it will be installed this weekend.I figure it cant hurt to give em a shot and I'll post up a review of this tire. :thumbsup:

JG, just wondering where you got your info?.It's totally contradictory to everything I've read about these tires.???

Yes, they are for sale now at quite a few sites online. The S20 is the replacement for the BT016/016Pro series. I saw some positive reviews also. Waiting to hear more about them.

I have a call into Bridgestones technical adviser "TJ Tennant" I'll post up any information I may learn about the S20!

my tires came in today....they look sexy I cant wait to put them on and try out the new shoes. Alot more curvature then the old battalax. You can tell that they are for curves I am excited, hell i might be able to show those midgit zx10rs I ride with how to really take a turn now. LOL

TJ called me back this afternoon and this is what he had to say about the S20!

The S20 is taking the place of the BTO16 & 16 Pro.
The new tire is one to one & a half pounds lighter than the 16 Pro.
The 16 has steel belts the S20 has kevlar belts thus the weight savings
The rubber compound is slightly different for a bit more stick as well as a bit more mileage (Only 200-300 miles) Not much but some mileage advantage.
The new S20 has the same contact patch size as the 16 when its stationary but increases slightly with speed due to the kevlar belts reducing tire expansion.
New tread and casing design that smooths the ride, tips in quicker and faster warm up.

So there you have it fellas, straight from the horses mouth!

The BT016 is a great tire and I'm convinced this new S20 is even better.

SteveO

Back