You can thank ME

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
Yes, you can thank me. For what you ask? The wonderfully mild weather we are enjoying in Connecticut this winter. Yes, I am the cause. How can that be? Nobody can alter the weather. I can.

It was easy. First, I setup my snowthrower very early this year (actually October of last year). Then, I bought two new snow shovels in early November. Next, in early December I installed a set of snow tires on my daughter's car (I keep a set on rims in the shed). For good measure, in late December I put my wife's sports car away for the "winter". In January, I made plans to go ice fishing with my brother.

You will notice that I try to space out the "winter preparation" activities so that the gods of winter remain sleeping. Though, I am falling behind somewhat. Maybe, I'll go shopping this weekend for a winter parka or some new winter boots. Or, a roof rake... Yeah, a roof rake!

lol.... yep. bought snow tires for the first time in my life so my car can ride like chit all winter long....:banghead: all for nothn. ill buy them every year if it means no snow tho....:whistle: we've gotten snow storms in April tho so were long from being out of the woods just yet.

You are doing good then an I am grateful:bowdown:

This is the only snow I have seen this winter

snow globe.jpg

:whistle:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

snow globe.jpg

I call this phenomenon Murphy's Law in reverse. ...and it does work.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

No worries, my bones tell me that we'll get to use that winter gear before it's over. I've got a shiny new bike out there and will spend a lot of time traveling on business. I guarantee winter will hit about the time I come home.:moon:

I think we may have helped, too. Dropped almost $1600 on a 5-mountain season pass, and my dad just picked up a new ski-doo.

Never getting snow again.

I think we may have helped, too. Dropped almost $1600 on a 5-mountain season pass, and my dad just picked up a new ski-doo.

Never getting snow again.

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

Now, if we all work together, maybe we can get through this period with a minimal amount of that filthy white stuff. :moon:

Let's see, if we get a few more members to purchase snow plows, four wheel drive trucks for the snow plows, second morgage their homes to buy the four wheel drive trucks to buy the snow plows.... see how this works... :cheerleader:

No worries, my bones tell me that we'll get to use that winter gear before it's over. I've got a shiny new bike out there and will spend a lot of time traveling on business. I guarantee winter will hit about the time I come home.:moon:

Shhhhh... quiet... Don't let the gods of winter hear about your "shiny new bike". They will know that you want to ride it. Bad.

Now, if we all work together.....

....purchase four wheel drive trucks

Well my son did his part. He just bought a 4X4. Just don't let the gods of winter know it's for haulin his bike around the country.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

I'm still at it. I just extended the storage of my wife's car for another month. Also, my wife wanted to remove a wreath from our front door that said "Let it snow!" I told her LEAVE IT ALONE!

I'm doing it for all of you... (well, me too!) :laugh:

Humbly summitted by ... HRJR

Okay, okay... I apologize. It DID snow today. But, it was only a few inches. The rain should melt it quickly.

I don't remember doing anything to cause it. Wait a minute, I did do something to offend the gods of winter! I spoke to Frank Davis at Powerhouse on saturday about adding some goodies to my bike. Since I planned on riding my bike to Frank's shop to get the work done, that must have been what caused the snow! :banghead:

Hmmm... not sure how I'm going to get out of this one...

Maybe, I'll start looking at buying an enclosed trailer... :laugh:

Back