Yoshimura Map

Bob I tried it briefly on my copper busa with yosh...just didn`t really want to screw it up since I was using it on the other one. I remapped with the yosh box on the yosh piped busa and have never had time to change it. The bike with yosh ran OK with micron map but it seemed lean...possibly due to air box mod.

Briefly looked at the Yosh .004 map (race duplex only) and compared to the .003 Micron map. They are very similar, not identical.

I would try either the .003 or .004 map on the Akrapovic pipe. It should be a good starting point, and may work perfectly well.

I thought the same thing for those who have the Yosh before the .004 came out.

Did anyone ever try the Micron map on the Yosh?? If so how was it and how does it now compare to the new one? Any HP gain numbers--before--after??

Bob

KawAbuser,

I called them (Dynojet) and I was told that they are also working on other maps as well. That is why they haven't e-mailed anybody.

Hi Animal,
Is it true the akrapovic is unproven? is that why we need a map? Dyno jet, in las vegas, vevada has made the offer and I have taken them up. However, is one is availible now it is a waste of time and effort unless it comes out better and different.
Alan

Hi Bob,
can you e-mail or photo them for retrival through our sources, your idea sounds plausable ... why is the akrapovic so pricey? is it better or just pricey?
alan

I have spent a lot of time looking at the micron vs the yoshi map because I have the yoshi pipe and have been running a modified micron map on it. I dont have easy access to a dyno though. However I can say the maps are pretty different esp in the middle and lower range.The micron map is mostly leaner in the lower ranges.

Up top the yoshi map is at +2% while the micron map was at +4%

Don

Is $658 pricey? I think they are very much proven because i got more out of it then the yosh tit. and the micron. Plus they are made better then the micron pipe and just as well as the tit. yosh pipe. you will not be disappointed with that pipe unless you want a loud pipe.

[This message has been edited by turbo1300 (edited 10 December 1999).]

Unproven? That was NOT what I implied at all.

I was only referring to the Akrapovic being so good that it would be a waste not to adjust the mapping IMHO!

In my experience (and those of many others) you simply can't go wrong with Akrapovic, no matter what bike you have.

I'm the kind of motorcycling nut that reads and remembers almost everything from the mags (and when I say mags I mean 3 to 4 mags from 4 different countries in 3 different languages and some of these mags REALLY test and report everything like you and I would, not holding back because of obscure matters) and they only confirm this fact about Akro pipes.

They give veeeeeeeery good power and make less noise than all the others that give substantial performance gains and in my country the NOISE aspect is getting legally annoying so the Akro is even the only real option for me (if I wanna participate in a trackday at our famous Assen TT/GP circuit my bike is only allowed to make a teeny weeny little bit more noise than stock).

Aquadiosmed--you can download the software from the powercommander website, and can get there through the links on this site.

DYNOJET is now looking for a bike with the Akrapovic pipe, no other mods. If you have such a bike and live close to Las Vegas they will dyno your bike for free and set-up the map. CAll them if your interested.

Bob

I will e-mail you a scan from an old run (2200 mi) Only, did i say only, made a little over 165 hp. But, 175+ with the ram air blowers on. I sent you both, but wanted to clarify on a post that the 175 number was with the 250 twin air ducts placed at the nose.
Bob

Back