Wisconsin wtf ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
0227-wisconsin-protest-continues.jpg_full_600.jpg

Is this what happens when there's no beach ? :laugh:

its only the beginning boys...hunker down its going to be a wild ride!!

wonder what the new scapegoat will be when the budget is still out of balance. funny how all these employees are such a burden yet they dont want to lay any of them off.

Lay off a government worker and they collect unemployment. Then they're still taking but no longer giving. At least if they're working they are (hopefully) contributing.

I understand the rationale of not wanting to lay them off.

Lay off a government worker and they collect unemployment. Then they're still taking but no longer giving. At least if they're working they are (hopefully) contributing.

I understand the rationale of not wanting to lay them off.

if that were the case they would not have threatened to lay them off if they retained collective bargaining

This been on the news lately. There are lot of teachers that took off today to go protest, I wanted to go there just to make some noise.

The teachers in our area were docked their pay from the February 18th demo at the Capital. Also a letter of reprimand was added to their file. In addition, teachers that chose not to demonstrate and those that did are required to make up the time lost to their students. I am remaining neurtral on this subject!

The public pension system is a house of cards. It's not sustainable. It has to be fixed. It's going to hurt. The longer the fix is put off the more it's going to hurt.

The public pension system is a house of cards. It's not sustainable. It has to be fixed. It's going to hurt. The longer the fix is put off the more it's going to hurt.

Not involved, don't keep up with the news, not that they report the truth anymore. I agree, when times were great and the tax payers could handle the burden it was nice, but now it's reality time.

Why are police and firemen worthy of barganing? No say in your pension??? I wont be neutral.... Stop pork barrel agendas and balance budget

Why are police and firemen worthy of barganing? No say in your pension??? I wont be neutral.... Stop pork barrel agendas and balance budget

those type of real causes and issues are harder targets because the people pointing the gun would be doing so at themselves.

I do believe that employees have the right to bargain collectively, but the problem is that they always end up taking it too far, demanding too much and protecting people who deserve to be fired.

Do you know what the average teacher in Wisconsin makes? They average just over $52,600 a year. Now the kicker. They do not pay for there heath insurance, have a full pension.

The problem with collective barganing is the polititions are getting big donations from the unions. That would be like the CEO of a publicly held company getting kick backs from a union he is negotiating with. I don't think the share holders would be too happy. Well think of it this way we are the share holders. I don't know about you but I have to pay towards my health insurance and pension.

A little story an uncle of mine was a school superintendant at a small school district in Illinois. At 54 he received a full pension with full insurance. This was a good 15 yrs. ago. I can't emagine how much he will collect in his remaining lifetime. But I asure you it will be a lot more than most of us who pay the bill will.

I like that sign on the left. "Removing collective bargaining does not balance the budget"....Umm ya, but its a pretty big start!!! I don't understand how the teachers and other protesters can't seem to figure out that the system that pays their wages can't afford to do so anymore and needs to change. I don't think public workers should be allowed to have unions anyway. The unions get way to greedy and when the liberal law makers can't say no to the unions you get unsustainalble wages and benefits. I hope every state copies wisconsin!!!

I like that sign on the left. "Removing collective bargaining does not balance the budget"....Umm ya, but its a pretty big start!!! I don't understand how the teachers and other protesters can't seem to figure out that the system that pays their wages can't afford to do so anymore and needs to change. I don't think public workers should be allowed to have unions anyway. The unions get way to greedy and when the liberal law makers can't say no to the unions you get unsustainalble wages and benefits. I hope every state copies wisconsin!!!

There's an easy solution to when the Unions are so strong and systems just can not afford to pay them... just simply bankrupt the state, break all Union contracts and start a fresh, at a level everyone can live and the state can pay

Back