Wiring Harness

SKECHE

Registered
I have an 01 that had a wiring malfunction, so I needed a new harness. I replaced the old with a used harness and everything matched up except for 1 wire off the harness by the headlight wire. I don't see where this wire connects too and also my right side marker lights stay on when the key is turned on. Need help.

There was another member that had a similar problem. Does your headlight work properly?

NO...it does not. I have a video but I don't know how to upload it on here.
When I turn the key "ON", the marker lights on the right side come on and stay on. when I turn the left blinker on the headlight and left blinker "BLINKS". when I hit the bright light switch the headlight and left turn blinker turns off.

I can't post links, search for 2003 headlight won't come on. That guy had a very similar problem. Might find the info your looking for.

NO...it does not. I have a video but I don't know how to upload it on here.
When I turn the key "ON", the marker lights on the right side come on and stay on. when I turn the left blinker on the headlight and left blinker "BLINKS". when I hit the bright light switch the headlight and left turn blinker turns off.
Need to upload your video to YouTube or website of your preference and then copy the link on here for people to see. Wish you the best on fixing the bike.

Ok, so here's what I found out......I have an 01(wo/pass switch)., the harness came off an 03-07 (w/pass switch). I need help with witch wires do I pin & unpin on the harness. :banghead:

Man i know what needs to be done to go the other way,,, And flash to pass to the older harnesses.
But i have never used old switches with a newer harness.
I would just personally upgrade the housings also.. I mean your there now, you gain flash to pass, hazzards. Less Hid problems.

Did you get both housing's,,, left and right,,

There are few wires that cross over, in the harness, differently than the older harness
Thus why i sent you both links!

There are few wires that cross over, in the harness, differently than the older harness

Got it, I will order the other side. I wasn't sure on why I needed the right side, but after looking at it....the hazard switch is on the right so that might have something to do with it.

John, I ordered and received the right side and guess wat? IT WORKS!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT ON MY SITUATION.

Back