Windscreen rubber grommet... where are you?!

Mr Droo

Registered
Installing a secret device (I'm constructing a whole write-up/review/customer service thread w/ pics), I lost one of my rubber grommets for the windscreen. I nearly tore the bike apart looking for it. I tipped the bike back and forth, rode around the parking garage and re-traced the line I took hoping it would fall out to no avail. I took the fairings off, dash panels, moved around wiring, and scavenged the area around the bike. Dadgummit!

I've given up finding it for now, but hoping there's an easy fix sumhow. Lowes or Home Depot have something I can use?

ebay. $10 for 10

..or aftermarker kit. Dealer will want about $4 for an oem

Dealer will probably have to order it most likely. Ronayers is good, but I only need one part and I want it right away. Ebay is fine... but I need one, not 10!

If I can find sumthing similar at a local hardware store, I can always cut it to size, as long as the nut inside will work with the oem bolt.

dude this happened to me!! It actually stayed in the hole from which it came. It just got pushed down to where I couldn't get to it! Fished it out with a small screwdriver I think...
keep looking!! :poke:

Go to Lowes/Home Depot in there hardware section and look for well nuts, 5mm should be what the stock size is. If worse comes to worse you can always just buy 2 well nuts and 2 new screws in standard sizes just replace both so they match if they don't have any metric ones.

Also if you got a Gen 2 are you sure it is still not in the little black plastic piece that goes in between dash fairing and screen to specifically hold nut in place? ??? I did that once, looked all over for it and it was sitting right there looking back at me.:whistle:

pm me your address I will mail you a 5mm one.....I have 8 extra.....hahahaha.

reply to Old Man.....

sorry, but I did pick up a couple of extra 5m x 16 machine screws from my local hardware store. Cost was only $0.70each with washer

Since BlueHaya is sending me one, I'm not going to go to a dealership or go to a hardware store to find one. I don't want to get one and have his efforts and goodwill all for not. It's raining and cold in Cleveland anyway (not that it stopped me before). I'm still wiring and tweaking a few things for my review of ElectricAvenues. Holding me back is a windscreen not securely bolted in place, not being happy about my current wire placement, going through my written notes, and going through all the pictures I took to pick the right ones to post.

I don't have too much time, just discerning taste and a passion for BB to be just right. No apologies, most of 'yall are the same way!

Check your side fairings, i dropped a screw, that found it's way into a pocket at the bottom, discovered it when i flipped it upside down doing something else.

I took the side fairings off and the extra plastic pieces. Nada. I checked everywhere I could possibly think.

Back